Pitt Boss Austin XL no heat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smoothjazz

Original poster
Jul 1, 2021
Hello
I have a cousin who has a Pitt Boss Austin XL. He told me that it doesn’t work. The only thing it does is smoke but won’t heat up. Any ideas where he can start to troubleshoot at? He told me that I could have it if I wanted it.

The best thing you can do is contact Pit Boos CS and they will help you.
Thank you.He told me that the company sent him a replacement part( but he doesn’t remember what it was) and his step dad replaced the part. But still no go.

I have a Austin xl. If it's smoking but not heating then my guess is your fan isn't blowing. The pellets need that to fire up and not just smoke. Call customer support they are awesome. They have 5 year warranty so parts would be free

I have a Austin xl. If it's smoking but not heating then my guess is your fan isn't blowing. The pellets need that to fire up and not just smoke. Call customer support they are awesome. They have 5 year warranty so parts would be free
Thanks for the information. He told me that I could have it if I had a way to bring it home. I have a electric smoker,but I kinda want to check out a pellet grill

Thanks for the information. He told me that I could have it if I had a way to bring it home. I have a electric smoker,but I kinda want to check out a pellet grill
Mines been a workhorse. Almost 4 years and only issue was heat rod went out once. That's a easy fix and common. Customer service sent me one overnight. I'd take it if free. And if under 5yr old which I'm sure it is just have him call in any warranty requests

Mines been a workhorse. Almost 4 years and only issue was heat rod went out once. That's a easy fix and common. Customer service sent me one overnight. I'd take it if free. And if under 5yr old which I'm sure it is just have him call in any warranty requests
Will do! Thanks !!

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky