Pitched a doubleheader today.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

retread

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Methuen, MA
Having dinner a couple of months ago with my dad, I mentioned that I smoked ribs.  He said, "I love ribs".  Dead shock....I mean, I lived with the guy for, basically, 21 years and I never knew that.  Wow, kick in the head time.  Anyway I filed that away and told myself "next time I make ribs, I gotta invite Dad."  Wednesday night, while i was out of town, I decided I wanted ribs this weekend, so I asked my bride to give him a call and invite him for dinner Saturday night.  Well... we had to invite his lady friend, and then her son and his wife who were staying with her...so one rack of ribs turned into two (hence the doubleheader).  I got up at 6:00 and opened them up:

b1b2e9b2_DSC_0002a.jpg

Deflapped and removed the membrane of the first and then the second:

4eefa40b_DSC_0004a.jpg

There are two there, one on top of the other.  Then, rub and wrap:

3691f4d4_DSC_0007a.jpg

and into the fridge until noon.  Started the GOSM (propane) at 11:45 aimed at 225 and put the ribs in on separate shelves, using hickory.

3 hours under smoke (adding new wood at 1 1/2 hours) and then it was time to foil. Here's what they looked like before the foil:

d8a8b799_DSC_0009a.jpg

I kept them in foil for 1 1/2 hours, and unwrapped them.  Looking good!:

1e6364c8_DSC_0010a.jpg

Put them back in for another 1 1/2 hours under smoke to tighten up.  They finished like this:

4a3e64d8_DSC_0012a.jpg

and.... THE MONEY SHOT:

ccbef474_DSC_0013a.jpg

I was the only one who chose to use sauce... But then again I always do.  served with new potato salad and cole slaw.  Everyone voted it a success!

They look good but ONLY TWO racks...  I figure that is only good for 2 rib lovers...
biggrin.gif

I agree with Paul, they look good but I could almost eat 2 racks myself LOL

Nice looking ribs. How you had left overs is mind boggling! Like the others, it would take at least 3 racks considering I would polish of 1 and maybe a half of another just myself.
biggrin.gif

Great job there retread. Nothing like a family get together and serving up some good food. I'm sure you will be in demand for ribs all the time now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky