• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

PitBoss Selling Upgraded Controller

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Saw it this morning. Not much info on it. Doesn't appear to be pid. Wish they showed the increments of the temp selection

ostrichsak

Meat Mopper
Joined Oct 4, 2013
Not pid. They did recently come out with pid & emailing them as we speak about it. Had some interaction & they claim the new pid units produce less smoke than the non pid from what im gathering from the email. Also he's bragging about the p-setting smoke adjustment option which also isnt available on the pid. Asked additional questions but havent heard back yet...
One of the questions was if the pid controller will be available for non pid units...
Good luck. I emailed them weeks ago to ask some specific questions about the new smokers at Walmart & Lowe's not answered anywhere since they were posted up with very limited info and haven't heard back. Not very confidence inspiring for a potential customer. Rec Tec is looking better and better by the day.

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
I did get an email back in <24 hr when inquiring about if it is or would be available for my electric vertical analog ... said not right now, but didn’t say not coming.

slater

Joined Apr 25, 2020
And yes, these are PID ... probably what they are putting in the new Platinum series.
I mis-spoke! You are correct as i went back & re-read their reply, they are pid. Loose the function / option of the p-setting. From my interpretation of the email, the pid will produce less smoke than what I have now & cant tweak things using the p setting. I dont have terrible issues with temp swings so not sure if its really an upgrade....

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
It's 36 degree here and had mine set at 350, went to put 2 nice pork steaks on, temps were 350 on set-temp and the lid therm , made me feel good all over lol. They turned out great . I have had great results from my Austin LX . hope it continues

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
It's 36 degree here and had mine set at 350, went to put 2 nice pork steaks on, temps were 350 on set-temp and the lid therm , made me feel good all over lol. They turned out great . I have had great results from my Austin LX . hope it continues
Pork tenderloin on mine right now. Performing wonderful as usual

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.