Pitboss copperhead 5

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wibigfish

Original poster
Aug 27, 2020
Have had good luck with my pitboss copperhead 5 vertical since I bought. However, I wish it produced a bit more smoke and was more flexible with cold smoking.

I do use an amzn pellet trayin conjunction when hot smoking, but it typically starves for oxygen.

mess thinking of buying a cold smoke generator and adding it. Am I crazy for thinking this way, or is there a better solution?

I take out the bottom small drip tray, this gives enough air for the Amazn to work.

Reactions: wibigfish
...thinking of buying a cold smoke generator and adding it. Am I crazy for thinking this way...
Not at all. Live free. Add smoke any way you like to get the amount you like.
I think a stock pellet machine is light on smoke. Some folks like that. But not me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky