Pit Boss Silve Star Series 3 Electric

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rings Я Us

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Jul 3, 2017
Southeast Michigan
Silver* Star
Supposed to do 100-400°
1650 watt element.

Anyone seen one?

They have an analog model and propane model similar..

https://pitboss-grills.com/products/?category=vertical-smokers
77232_pbv3d1_front.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen them before but the blue blazing 2 is catching my eye for apt's cheese and salmon.

Hmmm

Chris

Yeah, these are just a bit small maybe. I would like to see what all their grate sizes are. I hate that they only give square inch or cu ft. Sizes and product overall dimensions.. never grate size.

Don't have one yet, just saw it yesterday at Sportsman
Silver* Star
Supposed to do 100-400°
1650 watt element.

Anyone seen one?

They have an analog model and propane model similar..

https://pitboss-grills.com/products/?category=vertical-smokers
View attachment 354748

I saw one at Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale Washington yesterday. They have the Series 2 for $239.99 The door has a nice gasket and latch, wood tray is large and easy access without having to open the door, 2 adjustable vents on the back. Over all very nicely built unit. The only reason I did not buy it yesterday was I wanted to see if I could find any reviews.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Don't have one yet, just saw it yesterday at Sportsman

I saw one at Sportsman's Warehouse in Silverdale Washington yesterday. They have the Series 2 for $239.99 The door has a nice gasket and latch, wood tray is large and easy access without having to open the door, 2 adjustable vents on the back. Over all very nicely built unit. The only reason I did not buy it yesterday was I wanted to see if I could find any reviews.

To bad you didn't get a measurement on the rack size. Am curious to know. Says 21x22 x46 but that doesn't mean anything about your rack size

That seems kind of small. How big are the racks on a comparable MES?

Chris

So Mandy at Pit Boss smokers went out to the warehouse and measured again for us. She sent a pic of the racks in the Silver Star 3 with measuring tape on the rack. 11.5 x 14.75 or so. I thanked her. Was nice. She had a model there she measured that had 4 racks.
So this smoker has a large stand it sits on evidently. The 20" plus dimensions are mostly due to that stand I reckon.
I could live with the size I think. It does have the manual chip light feature. You can turn on the heating element to start a new batch of chips going after yo change out the ash pan with old chips. Plus the 100°-400°range of heat sounds good for big loads or winds.
I guess it's a bit taller than a Masterbuilt 30 but not sure what the Masterbuilt rack size is.

You should get back with Mandy and ask her:
If an AMNPS fits in the chip tray
What are the 2 kinds of sausage
Is that high temp cheese
How much the turkey weighs/brine or injected
Are those BBs or small end spares/what sauce

Make sure to ask in that order.
:D

pit-boss-smokers-77232-4f_1000.jpg

You should get back with Mandy and ask her:
If an AMNPS fits in the chip tray
What are the 2 kinds of sausage
Is that high temp cheese
How much the turkey weighs/brine or injected
Are those BBs or small end spares/what sauce

Make sure to ask in that order.
:D

pit-boss-smokers-77232-4f_1000.jpg
No kidding. Why isn't the turkey wearing melted cheese. I don't like that the spacing between the racks are all different. Instead of selecting your size by removing evenly spaced racks.

Kurt is right, it doesn't look like the rack spacing is adjustable.

Chris

I was thinking of getting something I could use for jerky other than the bullets I have. The bullets could be modified to hold more racks. These things I figured I could squeeze in 6 racks of jerky and have better control on temps. I could flip flop racks faster I think also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky