Pit Boss Hanging Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Its getting closer

verturk.jpg

Cant wait to do mine this weekend. Your is lookin great

Looking good SFLsmkr1! Turkeys in stockinette sure brings back memories of my younger years.
We had a custom cutting meat shop with two walk in smoke houses. We could fit 15-20 turkeys in each house and this is how we hung them in the smoker. We would be busy with turkeys from the middle of October until the end of the year. Counting the hams and bacon we were running the smokers 24/7

Reactions: Jabiru and daveomak
I'll bet that's gonna be Awesome!!
I'll never forget about 40 years ago, we had 11 acres, and to keep it from growing all weeds, I allowed a local Farmer to put crops in most of it.
He used to Bring us a Fresh Turkey every Thanksgiving, and the first one we had to take it to Mrs Bear's Sister's house because the 27 pound Turkey he gave us wouldn't fit in our Oven!! LOL.

Be back to see this one all carved up!

Bear

Nice color on the turkey! Pie looks great as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky