Pit Barrel at work again.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drumline bbq

Original poster
Jul 20, 2016
Northern Michigan
I'm so new to this forum and to smoking I feel like a school kid after his first date. I am so excited to be doing the smoked meat and BBQ I just got to tell people about it. Today I put a pork shoulder picnic in my pit barrel cooker at 10am at 12:00 I put in beans. Both the chicken and ribs I did last weekend were great. I'll post finished pictures after dinner tonight. Until them here is what it looks like when I started and when I added the beans.
Just starting out got good smoke.

Beans added. I can't hardly wait till dinner time. Finish photos to follow.

Ken P

Last edited:
Can't wait myself.......looking real good!!!!

Looks-Great.gif

As promised here's a Qview after the pork shoulder is done. Dinner was great. I just love the way this pit barrel cooks, great smokey flavor, easy to keep nice even temp. Temp started out at 180 degrees after I dumped my lit charcoal in the basket. Got the temp up to 215 degrees and added my meat temp continued up till it reached 225 degrees and rode there all day long not a lot of adjustments needed today.
Ken P

Last edited:
Looks great! Any way to cook your beans under the butt in the future? Any pulled shots of the pp?

Looks great! Any way to cook your beans under the butt in the future? Any pulled shots of the pp?
I might try cooking the beans down with the water pan next time. No pictures of pulled pork sliced up the shoulder just like a roast it was delicious.
Thanks for looking

Ken P

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky