Pirates Pizza and BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

piratedoc

Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Hello to all BBQ ers and Thanx for the forum..
I am from California San Diego, but now live on a Island in Thailand. This is my 2nd year with a food joint and our specialty is BBQ, Bar and Pizza.
Smoking meats are a challenge due to the different woods. Coconut Palm and hard woods work ok but not like where I am from.
Anyway from the beaches of Thailand Hello!

Welcome beach guy, hope you can share some good recipes along with your Q View and smoke stories all on the SMF.

Welcome, love to try some new recipes,,we love qview....great site and great guys and gals here to help.

You've come to a great website with a great bunch of Pros Sign up for the e-course and get acquainted with the sight! Join us around the smoker in the chat room Its great! Bob
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. I'd really like to see/hear about Q on the island sounds interesting. You will find lots of info and recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Greetings piratedoc,
Thailand is incredible from what I understand, I am a So Cal girl just not as far down as San Diego..My niece has spent a lot of time in Thailand she is a missionary...Ihave heard some incredible stories...I hope you are here for a long while..and I can't wait to see a smoke with the coconut palm..that sounds scrumptiouslicious....
Happy smokes!

Welcome aboard. I can't wait to see some Q-view from Thailand I have a friend that lives in there and he tells me how good the food is there so mix'n some good Q with there spices should be a treat.

Welcome to SMF! Wooo spicy Thai stuff yum! My bro-in-law grows Thai peppers he uses for his custom pepper spice. Flavorful li'l buggers!

Hmm prolly not alot of fruit type trees like we have eh... what about grape vine?

Welcome to SMF PD. Boy would I like to try some of those cocoanut briquettes. I understand that burn hotter than the usual stuff, but it's hard to find here stateside.

Welcome to SMF. I'm sure the coconut makes a great smoke. Send some over and we'll try it
biggrin.gif

Greetings and welcome! Coconut palm smoke sounds awesome. See if you could gather some mango tree wood...I bet that'd be good too! Hmmmm...how about slow smoldering lemongrass for smoke!!! I've heard good things about coconut husks too.

Welcome Pirate from another newbie. My DH spent time in Thailand and loved the country and the people. We love to cook Thai food too. May have to play with mixing the Thai flavors with smoke!

We love this seasoning mix on chicken on the grill:

Peppercorn Coriander Root Flavor Paste

2 teaspoons black peppercorns
5 - 6 large cloves of garlic coarsely chopped
3 Tbs coarsely chopped corriander (cilantro) roots
pinch of salt
1 tsp fish sauce.

Using a mortar & pestle or a small food grinder combine first 5 ingredients and make a paste. Add fish sauce and use on chicken or pork on the grill. Oh, might want to lock your doors - this will truly drive your neighbors nuts!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

The coconut wood sounds good, and great idea on the mango wood and lemongrass Sea_Munky! I may play with the lemongrass idea myself.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky