Pineapple Jerk Ribs with Spicy Smoked Pineapple Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Pineapple Jerk Ribs with Spicy Smoked Pineapple Rice

It was a great weekend to work around the yard to get some things cleaned up . Dug up lots of my flower gardens took out the bulbs etc . Packed a few big plants inside before the frost kills them. Put a couple of the boats away .
So I wanted ribs for supper tonight.

Put a rack of pork ribs in the smoker at 12:30 with just salt and pepper at 240 deg. With some Hickory pellets with 2 Mesquite chunks on them in the CI pan.
At 3:30 jumped up to 275 deg.. Kept an eye on it , also with my phone. Just peeked in at the Inkbird when ever I happened by the ``Smokers Shack``. Smells great .
Cooked up a bit of rice, than added pineapple tidbits , brown sugar, and Soya Sause, Mixed that up. Added some red onions and green onions mixed and into the smoker .
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

At around 4:30 I bumped it up to 350 deg. and added a sauce I have used and really like . VH Pineapple Jerk Sause. This can be used for a lot of things .
So cover the ribs with this on all sides . And again at about 5 pm added an other coat . and removed the rice . Inside to the rice I added diced tomatoes,
celery , radishes Serrano Chilies and chopped cilantro.
Pulled the ribs at 5:30 , nice color and real nice flavor.

Plated up with some tomatoes ,

4.JPG
5.JPG

6.JPG

good meal after a productive day around the yard. Rice picked up a good smoke flavor and a little bite from the Serrano Peppers and the radish

Thanks for looking , Hope all had a good weekend also

David

Beautiful plate and I’m all about good jerk flavor.

Thanks Jeff for the like and the comment

Its not a bad jerk sauce at all for out of the bottle. But i love a good Jerk flavor also.
I have a Jerk spread that is also better. This was just quicker while working in the yard

David

Reactions: jcam222
The Rib and Rice look very good. You own a Marina, putting away multiple boats?😁
I had a 17' Bass Boat, when I was still single. Was fun but I got married, Bev got Pregnant and the boat became a Minivan...JJ

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The Rib and Rice look very good. You own a Marina, putting away multiple boats?😁
I had a 17" Bass Boat, when I was still single. Was fun but I got married, Bev got Pregnant and the boat became a Minivan...JJ

Thanks JJ for the comment

The meal was nice and filling , rice was different with a bite to it.

As for the many boats, ha ha . Sorry to miss lead , Mona has 3 Paddle boats , 1 row boat and a 12 foot aluminum with a 6.5 hp Merc.
And I have a 16" with a 30 hp on it. We have had a few big water boats . But now that we are on a lake , went for smaller. Even though we go to the ocean we stay within a couple miles of shore.

DSC_1496.JPG DSC_1498.JPG

David

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 912smoker
Man you been killing it David! What I would give to be able to just walk over to a boat a start fishing. Growing up in Mi we went to Canada on family trips fairly often. Loved the fishing. Caught a lot of pike. Beautiful country.

Great looking meal David. The ribs are gorgeous but that rice is screaming at me. I'm planning to do some Polynesian macadamia crusted pork chops this evening and I think that rice as a side dish would be perfect. Thanks for sharing and another excellent job.

I had a 17" Bass Boat

A 17" boat? That's about the size of my shoe :emoji_laughing: Sorry Jimmy, couldn't resist.

Robert

Man you been killing it David! What I would give to be able to just walk over to a boat a start fishing. Growing up in Mi we went to Canada on family trips fairly often. Loved the fishing. Caught a lot of pike. Beautiful country.

Thanks Brian for the like and the comment

It is real nice to be able to do that. Some mornings I run down for a half hour or so and fish off the dock before I head to work.
Mona has her own boat there and goes out trolling quite often.

But we still like to go down to the ocean and fish /hand line for bigger fish.

David

Polynesian macadamia crusted pork chops

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

I can't wait to see those pork chops, love macadamia nuts , so this sounds great.

Don't make fun of JJ's boat ( lol ) , now that I sold my salt water boats , Mine is only 16' long by 6 1/2 foot wide heavy duty aluminum , ha ha

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky