1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pineapple Jalapeno Hot Sauce.

Discussion in 'Peppers' started by link, Aug 5, 2018.

1. link

link Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I have been wanting to makd a hot sauce just to try it so today I did. Very simple recipe of Jalapeno peppers, a pineapple, onion, garlic, lime juice apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper.
    Pureed it sll up and cooked it for a bit. I got 9 5oz bottles I will give to the guys at work tomorrow. Hopefully they will like it.
    Has quite a bite to it.
    Thanks gor looking.

Link

Attached Files:

gmc2003, Derek717 and zippy12 like this.
  2. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit

My kinda hot sauce for tacos and all! This one need to be refridgerated? <And how do I bribe ya into slipping some my way? LOL>

3. link

Thanks, I was thinking tacos as well. From what I have read should be good in the fridge for 3+ months.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  4. zippy12

zippy12 Smoking Fanatic

Link

This combination sounds real good man!
    I am still waiting for my Thai chilies to get hot ... 2 weeks of rain did not help...

5. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit

Ahh that's plenty of time then. I know some hot sauces don't last well outside of a fridge <Like Sriracha, alot of people don't know it, but you really need to refridgerate it or..it just loses flavour etc>

6. dwdunlap

dwdunlap Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Wishing I worked with you!! Sounds real good. :)

7. MeatSkull

MeatSkull Smoke Blower

Sounds tasty to me, it will mellow out after a few days when the flavors meld.

8. link

Thanks for the comments. I gave it all out (kept one for me) to the guys at work. Now I just have to wait and see what they think of it. I told them to give honest review of how it is.

9. link

I have gotten a few results from the guys.
    1. On a scale of 1 to 10 for Heat it is about a 5 (just what I was shooting for)
    2. Flavor is really good and the Pineapple comes through.
    3. Thickness of the sauce is just right, not to runny.
    4. Packaging was great, they all liked the bottles and how they were sealed. Bottles have the shaker top so it does not just pour out.

So, I would say for my first try at hot sauce this was a success. I am pretty happy with it.

Link

10. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Looks and sounds great link. I think that be good over a meatloaf.

Point for sure.

Chris