Piedmontese Beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinGame

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 11, 2018
Sullivan, IN
I tend to gravitate to Angus and some of the cross breeds when it comes to my preferred beef selection. But ran across some info and sites for Piedmontese beef. Says it is leaner with more muscle/protein content.

Anyone have experience with it? Flavor? How it smokes or grills?

I am considering ordering a couple cuts just to check out. Here is one site I saw providing some info and meat sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert tx smoker tx smoker is a huge user of theirs. Maybe he'll reply with knowledge about them. FRom what I've read here it is among the highest quality you can get.

I have consumed the CPB. Its very good! I wish I could justify buying it all the time. I haven't comparison priced in a while, but when I did it was hands down a great deal on premium beef. I just cant choke out the dollars for SRF and stuff like that.

tx smoker tx smoker sent me an assortment of ribeyes, porterhouse, tomahawks and beef ribs for Christmas. Had a couple of the ribeyes already. Beefy and tender. Very high quality. I'd definitely recommend trying it
IMG_20201209_111545.jpg
IMG_20201209_111538.jpg
IMG_20201209_111532.jpg
IMG_20201209_111525.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
I have had the CPB Tri-Tip and Top Sirloin Roasts. Both were outstanding...JJ

I’ve also had several cuts of CPB. Tender and Beefy. I’ve used their extra meaty back ribs, tenderloin tips, skirt steak and sirloin roast. All phenomenal. As others said txsmoker txsmoker Robert can tell you Anthony you want to know about them.

Thanks for all the tags folks. I will certainly get back to this in a bit. Just walked in the door and have some engineering reports to get written then will come back and try to fill in some blanks.

Robert

Anyone have experience with it? Flavor? How it smokes or grills?

Just a little bit of experience with it here :emoji_wink: When I bought my Santa Maria grill a few years ago from Sunterra Outdoor Products, my sales manager introduced me to the CPB line. They were running a joint promotion with CPB on a few different sampler packs. I ordered two, tried it, and have never looked back. Since then it is the only beef that's hit our dinner table. I do buy beef from Costco for sausage and jerky, but that's it. The line of cattle originated in the Piedmont region of Northern Italy. It has a double musculature structure, which is entirely different than American beef. It makes for leaner, more tender, and much more flavorful meat. The stuff is nothing short of amazing and I honestly don't think I'll ever buy beef from a grocery store again. I keep a very large stock of it on hand in many, many different cuts of steaks, roasts, and ribs.

Another person who I know has tried it and loves the stuff is TN John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) He may be willing to chime in with some of his experiences. My CPB sales manager Joe is a member here and goes by the moniker of CertifiedPiedmontese CertifiedPiedmontese I don't know how often he checks in but I did sent him an email asking him to take a look at this thread. If you need any additional info, I also just sent you a PM and you can ask me or I can give you Joe's email address and direct phone number.

Bottom line, this is the very best beef I have ever eaten. Oh...you did ask for advice. Ont thing I'll let you know is that it cooks considerably faster than American beef. Fat has a lot of moisture in it that takes longer to heat up. Being that the CPB has far less fat, it doesn't take as long to reach temp. I did check the link you posted above and it takes you directly to their main site.

Hope this helps,
Robert

Just a little bit of experience with it here :emoji_wink: When I bought my Santa Maria grill a few years ago from Sunterra Outdoor Products, my sales manager introduced me to the CPB line. They were running a joint promotion with CPB on a few different sampler packs. I ordered two, tried it, and have never looked back. Since then it is the only beef that's hit our dinner table. I do buy beef from Costco for sausage and jerky, but that's it. The line of cattle originated in the Piedmont region of Northern Italy. It has a double musculature structure, which is entirely different than American beef. It makes for leaner, more tender, and much more flavorful meat. The stuff is nothing short of amazing and I honestly don't think I'll ever buy beef from a grocery store again. I keep a very large stock of it on hand in many, many different cuts of steaks, roasts, and ribs.

Another person who I know has tried it and loves the stuff is TN John ( SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan ) He may be willing to chime in with some of his experiences. My CPB sales manager Joe is a member here and goes by the moniker of CertifiedPiedmontese CertifiedPiedmontese I don't know how often he checks in but I did sent him an email asking him to take a look at this thread. If you need any additional info, I also just sent you a PM and you can ask me or I can give you Joe's email address and direct phone number.

Bottom line, this is the very best beef I have ever eaten. Oh...you did ask for advice. Ont thing I'll let you know is that it cooks considerably faster than American beef. Fat has a lot of moisture in it that takes longer to heat up. Being that the CPB has far less fat, it doesn't take as long to reach temp. I did check the link you posted above and it takes you directly to their main site.

Hope this helps,
Robert
CertifiedPiedmontese CertifiedPiedmontese is there a Christmas promotion or maybe a nice discount for SMF members for the holidays? :)

Yo TNJAKE TNJAKE did you get any pics of those CPB ribeye's you cooked the other day? I probably would have eaten them raw they looked so good.

I figured I had probably missed it. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: TNJAKE
In short, YES! We are currently running a 25% OFF promotion on the entire website (excluding items already on sale + gift cards) through the end of the year - and all orders over $99 ship for free.

Thanks for checking in, all! My name is Joe and I'm with Certified Piedmontese in Lincoln, NE. As Robert mentioned, he has been cranking out CPB stuff on the forum for what seems like a few years now and consistently hits home run after home run!

As for the beef itself, we have several different product lines; our core lineup of products is a grass fed (pasture raised), grain finished Piedmontese cross (typically with Angus cows) for birthing ease and consistency for finished beef product; our Dynasty line which is a full blood Piedmontese (also pasture raised, grass fed/grain finished) and lastly a solely grass fed, grass finished line of Piedmontese.

Certified Piedmontese cattle are raised on our family ranches throughout the Midwest, specifically in Nebraska. They are originally from the Piedmont region of Italy, and are known for having a consistently inactive myostatin gene which means that virtually all of their food energy is converted into muscle rather than fat. Usually this would not be a desirable outcome (see Belgian Blue cattle) - but due to the specific allele found present in the Piedmontese breed (c313y) - they have denser muscle fibers and less connective tissue, resulting in a USDA-Prime like tender finished product. We have run independent lab tests (WBSF test to measure the amount of force required to cut through a piece of meat; we actually found that we outperform Prime grade beef in tenderness)

Another factor that sets us apart is the fact that you're buying direct from the source - we are a source verified, all-natural beef program (third party audited to adhere to the natural standards) and we actually DNA test every single animal within our program to make sure they contain the gene specific to the Piedmontese breed (see above). We use low stress handling techniques to ensure only the highest quality of life for the animals that also shows through on the finished product on the plate, as a better quality of life for the animal will only present a more premium eating experience in the finished product.

I have gone back and forth with Robert for many years now (I've been with the company almost 7 years) and have been able to recommend some pretty amazing thing to Robert over the years, and (to my knowledge ) I have yet to steer him wrong.

We have added a few items that are sure to delight any BBQ enthusiast with their specifications:

Meaty Back ribs (think baby back pork ribs, but much meatier and also beefier - once you try these and master the prep/cook, you'll have a hard time going back to pork ribs)
Competition Brisket (whole packer brisket with squared ends for a 'prettier' presentation and more consistent weight specification)
Picanha (my favorite of the bunch - there is juuuuust enough of a fat cap that the fat will literally melt in your mouth with each bite - and seasoned only with coarse sea salt and smoke - YUM)
any roasts we sell online - you really can't go wrong and feel free to use Robert or myself as a resource as I'd love to talk shop with anybody interested in learning more about the breed, our company or just to talk smoking meats or cooking in general - as I tend to get around the kitchen alright myself.

Cheers, and I look forward to connecting with a lot of you here on the forum!
Joe

Last edited:
Damn straight this stuff is great! Wish I could keep it on hand always!

Here are some of the sirloin bavette's that I did last week for my step sons birthday...
View attachment 475331

View attachment 475338
Beautiful cook! These are a favorite at my household - texture/grainy-ness like a flank steak with Ribeye like tenderness. Ultimately the best of both worlds - and if you're concerned with your macro's the breakdown is pretty impressive: 100g of protein, 16g of fat and 560cals per 16oz Steak!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Since links are being posted, here's one I did with a Porterhouse not long ago. I called it a T-Bone because at the time I wasn't exactly sure the differentiating factors between the two...but I know now.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky