PID Wiring using 12V DC SESTOS to DC-DC SSR *HELP*

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

booboohead

Original poster
Nov 5, 2013
I know there is a wealth of information on here and was interested to see how those that have built PID Controller using a DC-DC SSR wired there setup.

I have a Sestos D1S-VR-24 , Fotek SSR Input: DC 3-32V; Output: DC 5-60V and FAN (black and red wire)

I plan on setting it up as show in this link below (adjusting the connections to the PID based on SESTOS specifications of course)

http://www.susanminor.org/Rayeimages/pid/diagram.jpg

Some other instructions on this forum I was wondering about by a member named Gene:

1.  The left hand screw #1 is you line in voltage to the SSR, the hot wire of the power cord connects to this terminal, but the hot wire also connects to the AC screw #1 on PID so you will need a short length of wire and a wire nut to join the three wires together.

The #2 screw on the SSR is the hot wire to your blower.

The #3 +(pos)screw on the SSR is connected to the +(pos) DC screw #10 on the PID

The #4 -(neg) screw on the SSR is connected to the -(neg) DC screw #9 on the PID.

2. First is your thermocouple a K type? If so the +(pos) connects to the  +(pos) screw on the PID and the -(neg) to the -(neg) screw on the PID, if the polarity is reversed the PID will read in the opposite direction, example: if the temp is rising the PID will be descending, if this is the case just switch the wires, the third wire could possibly be a ground for the shielded cable and my directions say to connect it to the -(neg) only if the the PID display changes erratically. 

We're not done however,

The neutral wire of the AC power cord is connected to the neutral wire of the blower and  a short wire to the other AC screw #2 on the PID, with a wire nut.

Because I am using DC-DC SSR and a 12-24V DC PID what do I need to do to with the wiring? Does anything need to change? This link above seems to be a popular reference so I thought Id run it by you folks. Below is my terminal layout for my PID.

Thanks guys!

Andy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky