PID sale?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Didn't work that time either.
Here is what I'm looking at.

Inkbird F Display PID Temperature Controllers Thermostat ITC-106VH, K Sensor, Heat Sink and Solid State Relay, 100ACV - 240ACV (ITC-106VH + 40A SSR + White Heat Sink + K Probe)

I'm looking at this Inkbird for my MES 30. Will this work?

It seems that should work!
That's a nice price for all the parts and simply regulating set temp. Get you project box to fit it all in and you should be ready to rock and roll. :)

Reactions: BuckeyeSteve
I used a different one but that one should work just fine.

Nothing to wiring one up once you take the back off the smoker. There is a circuit board under the smoker where the chord goes in. I took out the circuit board and used that for a junction box for my power. Used some high temp. Appliance wire to wire it up. Everything is concealed just like storebought. Bought a plastic box to mount the controller in and mounted it in the same location as the old one with some corner brackets.

Works way better than it did originally. Temp swings are cut down to 3 or 4 degrees each way.

Have been gathering parts and knowledge to convert my Mes30 to PID control for quite some time now. It seems the deeper I get, that what I thought I understood, becomes less clear! At any rate, I have a Mypin TA4-SSR with TC/RTD input and SSR output wired in the usual manner. What I want to know is--I want to have a panel led and alarm to indicate when the meat probe shows that the meat is done according to a temperature I set. Is that possible and how do I do it? If I use pins 5 and 6 (marked SSR and + and -) for the K-type probe, does that mean I need another SSR? Or do I use the relay control pins 11 and 12 marked alarm 2, and then another SSR along with a K probe connected to pins 11 and 12? And how do I get the meat-is-done signal?

As you can plainly see I hardly know what I'm talking about and much less how to do it! I couldn't blame anyone for simply running away rather than tackle setting me straight! For what it's worth I do understand simple schematics fairly well so just make a hand drawn one if you prefer--it would be better for me!

I have learned so much from this forum and really admire the knowledge and sense of wanting to help that is apparent in every post. I would be so grateful for any instructions/advice that is offered.

The thermocouple going back to your controller will be for your ambient air temp. Not meat temp. You should get a wireless thermometer to monitor the meat temp. Inkbird has a great deal going on for a 6 probe unit for well under 50.00 check for his deal going on.

Reactions: denny and tallbm
I bought a Auber SMD200, Solid State relay, and probes and wired myself. for my fridge smoker. Works great. Auber Instruments was so great. I did a bench test with the setup, calibrated my probes, and then unwired and rewired in my box. I screwed up wired the 220V to the PID relay output. Fried the 12V circuit. I was at the final stage and just wanted to finish the smoker. I called Auber and told them what I did. They said that they would fix the PID for $10 with shipping and it would probably be 3-4 weeks including shipping. I ask what they could do on a new controller. They gave me a nice discount for a new PID shipped overnight, and I still had them fix that fried PID for $10. Now I have a spare for an extra PID to play with.

Excellent Customer service. I would not hesitate to by from them. They are worth the extra $s.

Reactions: tallbm
I bought a Auber SMD200, Solid State relay, and probes and wired myself. for my fridge smoker. Works great. Auber Instruments was so great. I did a bench test with the setup, calibrated my probes, and then unwired and rewired in my box. I screwed up wired the 220V to the PID relay output. Fried the 12V circuit. I was at the final stage and just wanted to finish the smoker. I called Auber and told them what I did. They said that they would fix the PID for $10 with shipping and it would probably be 3-4 weeks including shipping. I ask what they could do on a new controller. They gave me a nice discount for a new PID shipped overnight, and I still had them fix that fried PID for $10. Now I have a spare for an extra PID to play with.

Excellent Customer service. I would not hesitate to by from them. They are worth the extra $s.

Thanks to all for your patience--have been having a bit of technical problem here making replies but hope all is ok now.

Thanks Steve for your comments. I have several remote thermometers and have considered getting one with multiple probes. In my experience they seem to die in 2 years or so which is not too bad if the cost is only $12 or so. When the cost is around $50 and up, I can't be so cavalier. Probably boils down to my level of trust in similar gadgets. The Inkbird you suggested just may be right for me. We'll see.

2008RN, the Auber appears to be the gold standard for temp control. So many articles and posts refer to it which are a treasure trove to novices building a controller, like me. As a practical matter, it's nearly 5 X the price of a Mypin eg, puts it out of my reach. But I still want one!

I still want to know if I can use this Mypin to signal an led and alarm when a specified meat temp is reached either with or without a separate probe. It just seems to make sense to me to use the Mypin for this if possible. If not , no big deal--I'll just continue with my other remote devices!

That controller can only monitor/control the heat inside the smoker. It can not do what you want. Which is why most of us use a remote thermometers that has alarms to let you know the meat is at the temp you want. With more probes. You can get alarms for high or low temps of what ever you want. With mine I use it for ambient temp, meat temp,and mailbox temp. If I have different cuts/types of meat. The additional probes can be set for that as well. With the InkBird units there is a phone app that'll let you know what is going on.

My pleasure. Once you get that PID set up you'll be wondering why you didn't do this along time ago!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky