PID help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ngibbs88

Original poster
Dec 19, 2020
I built a uds along with a pid controller. I've done thorough research, or so I thought, about wiring everything up. I got everything wired and then plugged it in to test it out. The pid turns on and sends the signal to the ssr, but the fan doesn't turn on. I tested the fan on its own power supply and it works fine. I've attached some pictures of my fan and the power supply I'm using for it, should I be using something different??

Attachments

• 20210108_205753.jpg
    20210108_205753.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210108_205855.jpg
    20210108_205855.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 35
Do you have two transformers going? The wall power supply is transforming inputting AC and outputting DC, for your fan. Is the SSR doing any transformation? It looks like its turning DC back into AC... and the fan is DC.

I would get a DC-DC solid state relay, see if that works.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky