• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

PID help

ngibbs88

Joined Dec 19, 2020
I built a uds along with a pid controller. I've done thorough research, or so I thought, about wiring everything up. I got everything wired and then plugged it in to test it out. The pid turns on and sends the signal to the ssr, but the fan doesn't turn on. I tested the fan on its own power supply and it works fine. I've attached some pictures of my fan and the power supply I'm using for it, should I be using something different??

Attachments

TuckersBarbeque

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 29, 2020
Do you have two transformers going? The wall power supply is transforming inputting AC and outputting DC, for your fan. Is the SSR doing any transformation? It looks like its turning DC back into AC... and the fan is DC.

I would get a DC-DC solid state relay, see if that works.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.