Pictures This Time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbwiljr

Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
My first post about my Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850 came up short as I forgot to take pictures of the money shot of my Wagyu brisket. Learned my lesson. Here are the baby backs and pulled pork from today. Turned out oh so good.
F15EBC22-8D93-4769-A57C-D0EA4A0E8F6A.jpeg
8A8701B0-6A70-4268-9091-B6DEB4C117A0.jpeg
99D26D8F-A8CA-44D0-A707-AF7C7382BF39.jpeg

Looks like a solid smoke ring on the pulled, can I assume that juice in the pan was just what collected there while it rested? That's a good sign of a nice moist pulled pork. Ribs split in the middle, so I am guessing you took the membrane off. Looks like a five star meal to me!

Looks like a solid smoke ring on the pulled, can I assume that juice in the pan was just what collected there while it rested? That's a good sign of a nice moist pulled pork. Ribs split in the middle, so I am guessing you took the membrane off. Looks like a five star meal to me!
Membrane always off for me. I actually pulled some of the juice out of the pan after the rest and before this picture. The butt and the ribs were both very moist. Some of the best I have ever cooked.

Lookin' Good. Those Pitts & Spitts Smokers are really nice...JJ

Reactions: jbwiljr
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky