Pics from phone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gwanger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
N. Illinois
any way to get pics from smart phone so I can post pics on forum,I am a total old timer when it comes to my computer.

Click upload a file under the post window, a box will come up that says chose file, click chose file, this should take you to your photo album on your phone. Select Photo, it will bring you back to see your post and under the upload file it will have a small image of your picture, click to choose either thumbnail or full image and it will put the picture in your post.

Click upload a file under the post window, a box will come up that says chose file, click chose file, this should take you to your photo album on your phone. Select Photo, it will bring you back to see your post and under the upload file it will have a small image of your picture, click to choose either thumbnail or full image and it will put the picture in your post.
Thnx Geebs, since I am not computer savvy I will give this a try.

You'll have to plug your phone into your computer with the cord. Mini/micro USB to USB port on your computer.
Then you computer should see the phones picture files as folders of pictures on an auxiliary hard drive.
It will be displayed as another device on the files menu tree.
I use my phone camera a lot anymore.
Sometimes video demonstrations can help. Click Here.

If your images are save too large you will get errors from SMF.
If that happens, you will either have to change your image size in your computer, or change the size your phone saves the pictures to a lower resolution.

It can be quite frustrating, but once you get it, you'll get it. ;)

You'll have to plug your phone into your computer with the cord. Mini/micro USB to USB port on your computer.
Then you computer should see the phones picture files as folders of pictures on an auxiliary hard drive.
It will be displayed as another device on the files menu tree.
I use my phone camera a lot anymore.
Sometimes video demonstrations can help. Click Here.

If your images are save too large you will get errors from SMF.
If that happens, you will either have to change your image size in your computer, or change the size your phone saves the pictures to a lower resolution.

It can be quite frustrating, but once you get it, you'll get it. ;)
Thnx Sonny, for reply

sonny, after i plug phone to usb and go to file tree does not show up as aux.hard drive.even when I go to files and I click on phone icon it tells me I have no images or pics on phone in which I do. I have pic of my smoker. I am at a loss here. I have been farting around for hrs.

Last edited:
You just click this red bar under the text you write in..
IMG_20180316_191641.png

Are you using an Apple, or Windows computer?
And Android or iPhone?
Android,and windows 10 on my computer Iwent to file tree on post add not sure what file to use JPG I am just guessing. I have tried everything and nothing worked so far.I am able to email photos to computer from phone but that is as far as I have gotten. How would I email photos to what I am posting?

Last edited:
You would just email the photos from your phone to your computer. Then save them to your computer and use the upload a file to find that photo to attach it to the post.

Geebs, you and other fellow members have been a great help.I have just recently had a computer with windows 10 wish I had prior windows 7 operating system just having a lot of issues with win. 10.like trying to get my pics to post.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky