Picnic with qView

Discussion in 'Pork' started by joopster, Jan 18, 2014.

1. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

I will be starting up my Brinkmann early in the morning for a nice slow smoke for the 10.25 lbs. picnic I picked up this morning.

I tend to like hickory so I will be using that along with lump charcoal.  I received my iGrill mini that my wife got me for Christmas so I will review that as we progress...

After unwrapping and applying my rub I will post some pictures!

Happy Saturday!

2. Picnic yum I'm following ya

3. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

I really like Stubb's BBQ rub so I applied that on top of my mustard. It's wrapped and sitting in the fridge now.

4. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

It's 3:30 am and my picnic is on the "smoker".

5. Can't wait to see it, anything special about the rub your using and what wood you burning with that

6. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

Quick pic of it when I dropped her on...

She is starting to get a bark. It's cold out so I am getting back up once an hr. to check temp. etc.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  7. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

No nothing special, I am using Stubb's.... I buy those hickory chunks to use for the smoke.

8. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

Since I did not attend my fire, I think it got a little hot - internal coming up a little faster than I had liked. I will slow her down some more and make these last 60 degrees or more on the sloooooow side ;)

9. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

Took almost 5 hours to get out of danger zone - did not inject so I am pushing through.... 

10. matt22556

matt22556 Fire Starter

Looks great, yumm. Share?

11. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

12. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

Keep on truckin'

13. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

14. ldrus

ldrus Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looking good how is thr igrill working ? Can u calibrate it?

15. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

To be honest I didn't check it prior to this smoke.  I will check in boiling water after the smoke tonight and let you know how close it is.  I am double checking finished product with my regular analog thermometer.

16. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

So close!!!!

17. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

Fell apart at 190 pulling it off the grill.  Tried a little, absolutely delicious.  Wrapped in foil and into cooler with a blanket for an hour or so....

CAN'T WAIT!!!

18. joopster

joopster Smoking Fanatic

Ummmm.. WOW!

19. Very nice... I did a butt on Friday and it turned out perfect in my Bradley Digital. Something about that true hickory chunk coal that sounds delicious.

20. mneeley490

mneeley490 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Oh gosh, that looks good. I think I see pulled pork in my Superbowl future!