Picnic with qView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joopster

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Auburn, IN
I will be starting up my Brinkmann early in the morning for a nice slow smoke for the 10.25 lbs. picnic I picked up this morning.

I tend to like hickory so I will be using that along with lump charcoal.  I received my iGrill mini that my wife got me for Christmas so I will review that as we progress...

After unwrapping and applying my rub I will post some pictures!

Happy Saturday!

Quick pic of it when I dropped her on...

She is starting to get a bark. It's cold out so I am getting back up once an hr. to check temp. etc.

Last edited:
No nothing special, I am using Stubb's.... I buy those hickory chunks to use for the smoke.

Took almost 5 hours to get out of danger zone - did not inject so I am pushing through.... 

To be honest I didn't check it prior to this smoke.  I will check in boiling water after the smoke tonight and let you know how close it is.  I am double checking finished product with my regular analog thermometer.

Fell apart at 190 pulling it off the grill.  Tried a little, absolutely delicious.  Wrapped in foil and into cooler with a blanket for an hour or so....

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Very nice... I did a butt on Friday and it turned out perfect in my Bradley Digital. Something about that true hickory chunk coal that sounds delicious.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky