Pickled peppers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good. It will be interesting to hear if canning them intensify’s Or decreases the “heat” level of the peppers. Also has me wondering how they would be if you cold smoked them before canning.
Thank you. I've done these before. They retain the heat level. Which isn't that bad to begin with. I've done this with unseeded jalapenos. They were hot. But with a pickled flavor. Good enough. But I prefer a milder heat.

Thanks Steve gotta get me one of those fore sure. Had no idea that existed lol
Just so you know...there are two sizes, one for wide mouth jars and one for regular mason jars. Not sure which jars you use

Ryan

Reactions: Steve H
Thanks Ryan we use both. Thanks for pointing that out. Still not sure how I missed this attachment even existing lol
We just got one recently when I started doing SmokinAl SmokinAl s pickles, works great! If you get one leave enough head room in the jars so you don't suck up any liquid, also just the flat on top not the ring to vac...don't ask how I know!

Ryan

We just got one recently when I started doing SmokinAl SmokinAl s pickles, works great! If you get one leave enough head room in the jars so you don't suck up any liquid, also just the flat on top not the ring to vac...don't ask how I know!

Ryan
And never use it without the lid on the jar. Don't ask me how I know that!

I bet they will be good . I have about a handful right now. Could do a 1/2 batch. Thanks Steve. . .

Nice, can't wait for my habaneros to grow in. You said this method is not shelf stable? why nit? and what do you have to make the shelf stable?

Nice, can't wait for my habaneros to grow in. You said this method is not shelf stable? why nit? and what do you have to make the shelf stable?
To be shelf stable. Then they will need to go through a actual canning process with the hot bath/hold time. Though with fridge pickles and such. They will last for up to a year in the fridge.

To be shelf stable. Then they will need to go through a actual canning process with the hot bath/hold time. Though with fridge pickles and such. They will last for up to a year in the fridge.
OK, so If I used the vacuum sealer on the mason jars it is still not shelf stable?

well it seems the large mouth jar vac sealer attachment is out of stock everywhere so I guess I will have to do it the old fashioned way and wait for them to be ready. How long do you think to pickle sliced habeneros?

OK, so If I used the vacuum sealer on the mason jars it is still not shelf stable?
That is correct. It just speeds up the pickling process. And it'll help keep other foods fresh longer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky