Pickled eggs with home made kielbasa and country sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
Another batch of pickled eggs. Used big-guy'recipe again. Instead of andouillie I used some of my cured smoked kielbasa and country sausage.

2 cups vinegar

2 cups water

2 Tbs. salt

3 Tbs. sugar

3 tbs. crushed chili  peppers

1 ½ tsp. pickling spice

1 jar pickled Pepperoncini peppers and liquid

½ large onions coarse chopped

3 cloves garlic peeled

3 links Andouile sausage cut into chunks

2 ½ doz. Hard boiled eggs  

19ef05d6_HPIM1190.jpg

a5e3cdd4_HPIM1187.jpg

These look so good to me but my buddy made these and every time that ate them he got the burning runs so I have been scared to make them.

When you say

Do you use whole dried chili peppers? If I can't find any couldn't I just use red pepper flakes?

I might just have to give them a try. Maybe my buddy did something wrong or his body just doesn't like them.

Looking delicious!!!

Have a great day!

Craig

icon_cool.gif

Well yours look pretty darn good to me. I personally don't care for them and by the sounds of it Rbrans doesn't either. Oh yea Rbrans that's way to much info there.

It looks good, but I am like Mark, I can go the sausage but not the eggs...

These look so good to me but my buddy made these and every time that ate them he got the burning runs so I have been scared to make them.

When you say

Do you use whole dried chili peppers? If I can't find any couldn't I just use red pepper flakes?

I might just have to give them a try. Maybe my buddy did something wrong or his body just doesn't like them.
I used whole dried chili peppers. I have been suffering from a gout attack in my wrist  the last three weeks so I've been limited to doing things. Couldnt crush them. I'm not a pepper expert but I guess it would be the same as using the crushed red pepper flakes.

No problems here. I keep them refrigerated at all times and the sausage is made by me. My friends went through the last ones and didnt have any problems but I didnt ask......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky