Pickled Brussel Sprouts!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Making these today and going to add the onion you suggested. Everything goes better with onion, especially pickled stuff.

I will get a baseline before I consider other ingredients like cardamon. I used it in my Wolfgang Puck Squash soup and cardamon makes that recipe.

We love brussel sprouts in about any manner and looking forward to these.

Great. Just great. Now I have to get some vac jars for my Food Saver!!
But....I'm gonna try those. I love brussel sprouts and the pickled sound fantastic.

Thanks for the idea Case.

Gary
If you do not have the foodsaver vaccuum canisters, you can buy this attachment to vac seal canning jars and lids....a much cheaper alternative and the lids can be washed and reused.

This device and a dozen jars with lids is about the same price as 2 foodsaver vac canisters

Barry.

Last edited:
Just a quick update, only have one jar left. Put some out the other night when we had our friends over for game night. The bowl was empty so I guess everyone liked them!

My batch turned out great. Two questions.

Has anyone thought about maybe steaming them 5 min before picking to make them a little less crunchy?

After about a week in the jar, the brussel sprouts had a slight grey cast. Anything that can be added to keep the color from turning? The taste was great, just not the plate appearance I wanted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky