Picking up the new smoker tomorrow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Found a GREAT deal on a used 18" Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker. Too good to pass up.

721001C_1800x1800.png

I'll post more details after I pick it up.

Would sure like to try one once to see the difference in smoke taste compared to MES and Stampede. Most other friends are pellet grill owners.
Always keep an eye open though.

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
I got this baby for $90!!!! Practically stole it.

I drove from just east of Denver to Montrose, CO for it.

The drive was beautiful too!!!

Heading back home now. Forum wont let me post pics from my phone for some reason so I’ll post when I get home.

I love the used market, if your not in a hurry it’s out there. The fun is the hunt then the road trip and of course the negotiations. Good find, looks like the previous owner put a coat of wax on it for you.

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
Great find. Word(s) of advice - get rid of that lighter fluid(it leaves a bad taste on the the food), and the chips are basically useless in a WSM. They'll burn up to quickly. Use chunks or small splits. Also you may want to do a good burn out. If the previous owner used lighter fluid to start the WSM then you don't know what else he did or didn't do.

again great find and enjoy using it
Chris

Decided on the Inkbird IBT-6X for my thermometer setup. 6 probes and connects to the iphone. I was going to go with the Netopia thermometer but saw too many complaints about various issues. I also bought a package of 4 metal clips since my Inkbird only came with 2.

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 13.14.44.png

All set up for Super Bowl Sunday to try my hand at smoking some baby back ribs.

I can’t imagine a 22.5”. It’d be WAY too big for my needs.

not to mention I've heard it's difficult to control the heat on it as it likes to spike to 275º or higher. But the 18" is just fine for my needs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky