1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Picked up some lamb T-bones

Discussion in 'Lamb' started by motolife313, Jan 8, 2019.

1. motolife313

motolife313 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yesterday I actually bought just 1 to try at new seasons for 17-18 $ pound, it was 5$. Seen these at Walmart today for much less and looked good. Anyone ever do them? What’s a good temp? 140? planing on smoking it on the stick burner with some other meats. Just doing them for fun D561EA25-A799-40DC-861D-32611E910666.jpeg

2. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Smoking Fanatic

Correct. 140-145. On the lean side. Treat them like venison steaks. EVOO salt pepper. Keep it simple. Cherry wood smoke.
    Hold on....I’m wishing this was my smoke! Anyways, love lamb! It’ll be fine, I’ve followed you and your smokes and you are talented in what you do!!!!

pabeef and motolife313 like this.
  3. xray

xray Master of the Pit

Speaking of lamb, my wife picked these up the other day at Walmart. We’ve never had lamb and I don’t know what possessed her to buy them.

Anyway, I have no idea how to make them. Good timing on the post.
    0845ABB7-8317-47AB-81B5-1086D1C5641B.jpeg

4. motolife313

Guess I should have put chicken in the thread Head lining also. Someone takes there job way to serious around here and needs too chill out

5. pc farmer

pc farmer Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Lamb chops are great. The cook really quick thou. 145IT is what I go to. Just basic seasoning.

6. motolife313

Ya I was thinking 145 also thanks

7. Scott Eisenbraun

Scott Eisenbraun Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

That's a good price for American lamb. All I find around here is New Zealand lamb which is supposed to be stronger flavored. But we love em grilled hot and fast. You could take off smoker before 140 and finish with a sear in a super hot pan for a minute per side.