Picked up some lamb T-bones

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motolife313

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2016
Yesterday I actually bought just 1 to try at new seasons for 17-18 $ pound, it was 5$. Seen these at Walmart today for much less and looked good. Anyone ever do them? What’s a good temp? 140? planing on smoking it on the stick burner with some other meats. Just doing them for fun
D561EA25-A799-40DC-861D-32611E910666.jpeg

Correct. 140-145. On the lean side. Treat them like venison steaks. EVOO salt pepper. Keep it simple. Cherry wood smoke.
Hold on....I’m wishing this was my smoke! Anyways, love lamb! It’ll be fine, I’ve followed you and your smokes and you are talented in what you do!!!!

Speaking of lamb, my wife picked these up the other day at Walmart. We’ve never had lamb and I don’t know what possessed her to buy them.

Anyway, I have no idea how to make them. Good timing on the post.
0845ABB7-8317-47AB-81B5-1086D1C5641B.jpeg

Guess I should have put chicken in the thread Head lining also. Someone takes there job way to serious around here and needs too chill out

Lamb chops are great. The cook really quick thou. 145IT is what I go to. Just basic seasoning.

That's a good price for American lamb. All I find around here is New Zealand lamb which is supposed to be stronger flavored. But we love em grilled hot and fast. You could take off smoker before 140 and finish with a sear in a super hot pan for a minute per side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky