PIA Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Excellent guide and method, thanks. I reckon this will help a lot of people. The injection marinade you use is my go to for most Beef. Soy and Worcester is a great mix.

Love the colour and the moistness of your Brisket. Burnt ends are just so damn tasty.

Thanks. I don't inject often but I do like these flavours when i do!

Great Tutorial and a beautiful result. I want to add...I absolutely Love your videos. Warm funny personality with accurate information keeps me interested...JJ

Wow, Thanks, Chef! That's very kind!

Great tutorial Disco!
That is exactly the way I do my briskets, except since I get Prime grade I don’t inject them. As a matter of fact there is one in the fridge right now soaking up the rub & will be ready for the Lang tomorrow AM.
No turkey for us this year!
Al

Great tutorial Disco!
That is exactly the way I do my briskets, except since I get Prime grade I don’t inject them. As a matter of fact there is one in the fridge right now soaking up the rub & will be ready for the Lang tomorrow AM.
No turkey for us this year!
Al

Thanks, Al! Of course you get Prime grade, you are a rich 'mercan. I am a poor old fat Canadian!

Kidding around aside, I have to take whatever brisket I can find! They are not common in my small city in the Rockies.

Have a great thanksgiving and enjoy that brisket!

Everything looks real good to me. Especially the burnt ends. Just so you know though there are lots of comp cooks who do smoke fat side up.

Thanks! The fat side up thing was mostly having fun. No matter which way you do it, someone will tell you that you are wrong. I'm just a little weary of people who insist theirs is the only way to cook something.

A lot of work but it sure as hell seems worth it!

Will have to try this method for sure.

Thanks! The fat side up thing was mostly having fun. No matter which way you do it, someone will tell you that you are wrong. I'm just a little weary of people who insist theirs is the only way to cook something.
[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I have learned there are lots of methods to doing this Q thing and not necessarily a right way. I usually have fun enjoying some of the different techniques.

Very nice write up disco. I may have to try your method on my next brisket. I dont mind the PIA aspect when doing any kind of cook. I actually enjoy doing cooks that take a lot of time to prep. Maybe im just crazy lol.

I know what you mean. I have learned there are lots of methods to doing this Q thing and not necessarily a right way. I usually have fun enjoying some of the different techniques.
[/QUOTE]

Truth! I love when people try different techniques. It grows the hobby!

Very nice tutorial Disco!

Thanks for all your hard work. I have learned a great deal from you.

Happy Thanksgiving,

John

You are exceedingly kind, John. Thanks!

Very nice write up disco. I may have to try your method on my next brisket. I dont mind the PIA aspect when doing any kind of cook. I actually enjoy doing cooks that take a lot of time to prep. Maybe im just crazy lol.

Well, I agree with you mostly. However, there is something about just rubbing a pork shoulder and throwing it in the smoke till done. As I get older, I get lazier!

Thanks for sharing Disco! Looks like it turned out perfectly! We don't do many briskets and have never done burnt ends but your pics sure makin me think I should.

Ryan

Thanks for sharing Disco! Looks like it turned out perfectly! We don't do many briskets and have never done burnt ends but your pics sure makin me think I should.

Ryan

Thank you.

Wow. You haven't done burnt ends? Even if you don't do a brisket, pick up a chuck roast and make some burnt ends. They are one of the best things to come out of a smoker.

Let me know if you want to try them.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Disco, that looks amazing.
Brisket is one thing I will wait up all night for, I love it more than any BBQ by far so it's never a P.I.T.A for me. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: disco
Disco, that looks amazing.
Brisket is one thing I will wait up all night for, I love it more than any BBQ by far so it's never a P.I.T.A for me. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_thumbsup:

Har! You guys are making me feel lazy! Thanks for the kind words!

Thank you for this great post Disco! I do have a question. Do you vent the brisket or allow it to reduce temps a bit before putting into the cooler? In the past I did not do this but have been reading up on this to help reduce the risk of overdone meat (meat continuing to cook in the cooler). I have not actually talked to anyone who does the venting. Just looking for info.

I really enjoyed your trimming information. Rounding the corners I just learned was really important to good brisket. You confirmed it.

Cheers,

Yaker

Thank you for this great post Disco! I do have a question. Do you vent the brisket or allow it to reduce temps a bit before putting into the cooler? In the past I did not do this but have been reading up on this to help reduce the risk of overdone meat (meat continuing to cook in the cooler). I have not actually talked to anyone who does the venting. Just looking for info.

I really enjoyed your trimming information. Rounding the corners I just learned was really important to good brisket. You confirmed it.

Cheers,

Yaker
Thanks for the kind words! No, I do not vent, I just toss it in the cooler.

Reactions: Kai Yaker

Cheers,

Yaker
Just a thought. I am not as expert on brisket as others on the forum. Have you thought about posting question and getting answers from everyone?

Just a thought. I am not as expert on brisket as others on the forum. Have you thought about posting question and getting answers from everyone?

I have, I plan on waiting until I get my Kat before I do another brisket. That gives me a couple months to do research. I found this video a few months ago and was introduced to allowing the brisket temp to decrease a bit during the initial rest. Chef Max has some great information. Looking forward to giving it a go when the time is right. My son just butchered a cow and short ribs are next up for me.

Cheers!

I have, I plan on waiting until I get my Kat before I do another brisket. That gives me a couple months to do research. I found this video a few months ago and was introduced to allowing the brisket temp to decrease a bit during the initial rest. Chef Max has some great information. Looking forward to giving it a go when the time is right. My son just butchered a cow and short ribs are next up for me.

Cheers!

I'm jealous! Love short ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky