Pesky Birds.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
Prep pics. 7.5 # brined turkey breast going over pecan on the 14.5 WSM.150/319 right now.
KIMG0187.jpg
KIMG0185.jpg

Reactions: mike5051
Was on 4 1/2 hrs ?? IT read 152...Pulled and checked with another therm and probe 179. Resting now...

More of a sacrifice fly no harm to the batting avg.. Was it still moist - still looks good from here. BTW just curious what's 150/319?

Point for sure.

Chris

More of a sacrifice fly no harm to the batting avg.. Was it still moist - still looks good from here. BTW just curious what's 150/319?

Point for sure.

Chris
Wasn't too dry at all.Just an ugly Tom.150* IT / 319* CC

I missed it.. Looks dark on one little area.
That sux your probe failed you.. Lol.. Looks good though..

Only one I ever smoked since I been here I took the bones out and rolled it.

I missed it.. Looks dark on one little area.
That sux your probe failed you.. Lol.. Looks good though..

Only one I ever smoked since I been here I took the bones out and rolled it.
Probe didn't fail.Hadn't done one in a pan in a looong time.The breast of the bird that was leaning on the pan was 179* and the other was 152*.Did one on Thanksgiving on top rack over pan on bottom rack that was beautiful.Though it was 23* on X-mas,cold does do some weird things to smokes.No more in pan for me.

Yeah,crazy.The breasts I get are very consistent at 7.5 lbs and normally take 3-3.5 hrs.This one was 7.5# on 4.5 hrs and not even done on the one side.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky