Perseverance Mars Landing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My wife is a major space nerd, too. She was PISSED she had to go to the office today, of all days, after working from home for several months. She's has a decade of elementary school space education in a program that was established after the Challenger accident. She loves anything space related. I recorded what I could for her.

Reactions: JC in GB
Those wacky JPL guys. Hidden messages and fun stuff on Perseverence.

My wife and I have been to JPL's open house four times. Before Covid, it was held annually in May. It got so popular they had to have a free lottery for tickets. Basically a science fair for PhDs. Great stuff for nerds like her and I. It's on hold until Covid is over.

Those wacky JPL guys. Hidden messages and fun stuff on Perseverence.

My wife and I have been to JPL's open house four times. Before Covid, it was held annually in May. It got so popular they had to have a free lottery for tickets. Basically a science fair for PhDs. Great stuff for nerds like her and I. It's on hold until Covid is over.

There's a lot more than hidden messages on there too. My name is one of many engraved on a plate they bolted to the rover. NASA had a bit on their website years back where if you submitted your name they'd include it on the rover so I did.

My name as well as the missus' is on the next one due to launch July 2026.

There's a lot more than hidden messages on there too. My name is one of many engraved on a plate they bolted to the rover. NASA had a bit on their website years back where if you submitted your name they'd include it on the rover so I did.

My name as well as the missus' is on the next one due to launch July 2026.
Very cool way to send yourself to Mars!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky