• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Perseverance Mars Landing

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
If you are interested and miss the live landing, or don't have access to the NASA channel, the NatGeo channel on TV will have a 2-hour summary of the highlights.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Another place I've found it live is "The Newsy" cable channel.

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Interesting question. Mars is current 130 million miles away, so what we saw was the data as it arrived after about a 10 minute transmission from source. The two photos that arrived were as live as it gets.

There were cameras operating during the descent that will be transmitted later today, I believe.

Edited to correct the distance and time.

Last edited:

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
LOL! Yeah its kinda hard to be "live" from that far off. Guess my question should have been.."Will they be posting pics on the NASA site of what the rover is seeing?"
Jim

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Will have to check back on them regularly then.
Jim

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 12, 2018
I'm a space nerd my whole life. I remember watching the first moon landing in '69. As an 8 yr old. The media made a much bigger deal of it back then. Still amazed at all of this now, like I was then., lol.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Sadly we have to many other distractions and disassociation with reality that for most folk things like this are unimpressive/unimportant

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
I just have to say thanks for sharing! Actually got to watch the touch down, it was cool! Never would have thought about it otherwise!

Ryan

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.