Perseverance Mars Landing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1613679165750.png

Interesting question. Mars is current 130 million miles away, so what we saw was the data as it arrived after about a 10 minute transmission from source. The two photos that arrived were as live as it gets.

There were cameras operating during the descent that will be transmitted later today, I believe.

Edited to correct the distance and time.

Last edited:
LOL! Yeah its kinda hard to be "live" from that far off. Guess my question should have been.."Will they be posting pics on the NASA site of what the rover is seeing?"
Jim

Reactions: noboundaries
I'm a space nerd my whole life. I remember watching the first moon landing in '69. As an 8 yr old. The media made a much bigger deal of it back then. Still amazed at all of this now, like I was then., lol.

I just have to say thanks for sharing! Actually got to watch the touch down, it was cool! Never would have thought about it otherwise!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky