Perplexed.... still on a mission.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I can find a picture. But darned if I can find the product.

penrose.jpg

Glaziers are pretty good. they them if you haven't.
I didn't know Glaziers had a pickled sausage. It's odd to me that their products don't get this far south.
EDIT: make the west, I always thought they were from the north country.

Last edited:
You could try making your own version perhaps?

JC :emoji_cat:

I have. But still miss those little guys.

Reactions: JC in GB
Wow there use to be gal jars sitting on the counter in all the bars. I don't do bars anymore so didn't know they were not made any longer. I will check a local mom and pop and see what they are carrying now. They still have pickle pigs feet and hocks the last time I checked.

Warren

Never had the Penrose ones, never even seen them.

I’ll buy the Tijuana Mamas or Firecracker brand at a gas station when the mood strikes.

I eat these a lot, they’re more local to me.
2F860F58-35F6-4AEE-A355-FDE0EA53EC9D.jpeg

I’ll buy the Tijuana Mamas or Firecracker brand at a gas station when the mood strikes.

View attachment 429252

Yup---Millers have been the main Hot Pickled Bologna around here.
Most bars used to have them right on or near the bar, along with Pickled Pigs Feet, Gruyere's triangles in the round box, Blind Robins, Sharpies, and other goodies!!

Bear

We have those here. I buy them from time to time. They are good.
I just picked up a jar yesterday, as well as some of their pickled eggs.

I add a few splashes of hot sauce to each jar, add a another flavor.
Yesterday I used Texas Pete.
Stuff is cheap, 79 cents a bottle at the commissary. use it in my soups at lunch at work, in my v-8 in the morning!

I just picked up a jar yesterday, as well as some of their pickled eggs.

I add a few splashes of hot sauce to each jar, add a another flavor.
Yesterday I used Texas Pete.
Stuff is cheap, 79 cents a bottle at the commissary. use it in my soups at lunch at work, in my v-8 in the morning!

I keep Texas Pete and Franks in the pantry. Pete is great in V8 bloody Marys.

View attachment 429252

Haven't had the Millers brand before. I used to really like the Firecracker ones when they were at one time twice the diameter and tasted better. The MaMa's aren't bad. I've been know to grab a few on road trips.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky