• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Peri-Peri Sirloin

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
I know it’s almost a sin for some, but I’ve been doing a Whole 30 diet for two weeks now and I had to get some different flavor on my red meats besides SPOG or just salt pepper, so I tried a light basting in Peri-Peri sauce at the end of my cook. I’ve been using Peri-Peri on chicken and some pork cuts occasionally for a while, but this was the first go at red meat. I highly recommend a try, nice bit of slow heat and acid that doesn’t take over the meat flavor. Sorry no qvue, too dark. Oh, I recommend the Whole30 thing, good reset and BBQ/smoker friendly!

Attachments

sawhorseray

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Looks pretty darned good from where I'm sitting, whatever eases the pain of dieting, I'm 4! RAY

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 8, 2016
I know it’s almost a sin for some, but I’ve been doing a Whole 30 diet for two weeks now and I had to get some different flavor on my red meats besides SPOG or just salt pepper, so I tried a light basting in Peri-Peri sauce at the end of my cook. I’ve been using Peri-Peri on chicken and some pork cuts occasionally for a while, but this was the first go at red meat. I highly recommend a try, nice bit of slow heat and acid that doesn’t take over the meat flavor. Sorry no qvue, too dark. Oh, I recommend the Whole30 thing, good reset and BBQ/smoker friendly!
Great cook on those

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I dont know about the diet but that is a great looking plate!
Jim

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Perfectly Cooked!...JJ

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Steak looks great! It’s been awhile since I had peri peri sauce. Just found some Nando’s to add to the grocery list.

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Never had the Peri Peri sauce but it sure sounds interesting. You certainly nailed that steak too. Absolutely perfect cook on that thing and it looks fantastic. Excellent job!!

Robert

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Thank you all for the kind words. Yes, diets suck, but this one is easier than most because it’s only 30 days and is more about resetting habits. Toughest part is cutting out sugar, unbelievable how much it’s added to out there! But, allows a chance to try out different stuff to keep from being bored and good excuse to Q a lot of meat!

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
But, allows a chance to try out different stuff to keep from being bored and good excuse to Q a lot of meat
I like the way you think. Talk about making lemonade out of lemons.

Robert

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That looks absolutely awesome!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That Looks Freaking Awesome!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
I don't know Peri Peri, but that is a near perfect looking sirloin. To make that a perfect steak I'd have to taste it first. /nudge /nudge
That looks delicious.
Now to google Whole 30, I hate being ignorate!

EDITT:: Ok, yall enjoy your Whole 30. I am too old to care about slim trim and bad to the bone. It hurts too much the next morning these day.

LOL

Last edited:

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
I don't know Peri Peri, but that is a near perfect looking sirloin. To make that a perfect steak I'd have to taste it first. /nudge /nudge
That looks delicious.
Now to google Whole 30, I hate being ignorate!
🤣🤣Next time you’re in DC area I’ll do my best!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.