Pepperoni Straws

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wazzuqer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 11, 2012
Moses Lake, WA
Any body ever make any of these straws , they use them for Bloody Mary’s, wondering what they do to get them hollowed out in the center? I wanna make some thanks
F8ABC158-81C2-4237-A251-21100EE460F2.jpeg

They have been tried by SFLsmkr1 (Rick)... He was having a really hard time to get the hole right down the center if I remember correctly ... I think he pretty much gave up ...

Commercial producers have automatic equipment to make these. For the home producer, it will be a major PITA to do, but this is how I have seen it done before.....
Use a metal rod the size of the hole you want (like a stainless steel TIG welding rod). The meat paste needs to have min,25% fat; this aids in removing the rods. Form the meat paste around the rod. Roll out to distribute even diameter around the rod, make sure the rod is straight so you have an even hole through the center. Wrap with collagen sheet to form a casing around the stik, trim excess. Prick to remove air pockets. Smoke with rod in stick. Slide the rods out immediately after smoking while sticks are still hot. cool sticks with a cool water shower.

Thanks for the advice, sounds like It might be above my pay grade, probably will just have to break down and buy them.

Yeah i made them Real PITA. I did 5 lbs took me freaking hours. Next time i do 2.5 lbs,
If you use a larger wood skewer spray it with Pam so it slides out easy. If you watch the YT vid where they use a new clean 3/16 drill bit >>> Major PITA. I even tried the drill when the sticks were frozen.

Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky