Pepper infused vodka

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ironhorse07

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 17, 2012
Laurel, Mt (near Billings)
This is my second batch of this .
Original recipe

Ingredients
750 ml vodka
3 -4 jalapenos
3 -4 red chilies
3 -4 green chilies
3 -4 habaneros ( this is for the true hothead, adjust accordingly)
2 -3 tablespoons dried chipotle chiles ( I buy them in flakes like red chili flakes which can be substituted if you can't find these)
1 lime
2 inches fresh horseradish, peeled
2 -3 tablespoons peppercorns
Directions
Quarter all the fresh peppers and the horseradish. If you want to reduce the heat, seed and stem the peppers. You can really use any combination and quantity of peppers. I used the 4 of each and it produced a brilliant heat level with an amazing taste.
Take your lime and make about twenty slits in the peel all over the lime.
Put all the ingredients into a clean, sterilized wide mouthed jar. Using a wide mouthed jar (like a mason jar) just makes it easier to get everything in and out.
Put the vodka in a cool, dark place. Cover with a dish cloth if you like.
Every day, shake it.
Let the vodka sit at least one week then strain the vodka through cheesecloth and enjoy. I use 1 ½ oz of the vodka, about a tbsp of Worcestershire, a tsp of celery seeds, a little salt and top it off with Clamato (or tomato juice) for a nice fiery beverage.

20180523_165016_001.jpg

I had a liter of vodka so i scaled things up and used 5 or 6 jalapenos, 5 habeneros, 3 cayenne and 3 Thai for the red chilies, 5 Serrano for the green chiies, 5 chipotles, more horseradish and about 1/4 cup pepper corns. Plus I added 1 Caribbean red. I will let this sit at least 2 weeks .

Reactions: crazymoon
Well..I don't do celery in mine..but I can see the pickle spear melting! I do wonder though..use it for a spray on a meat you want some heat for..

Now that’s some HOT vodka!

I did some jalapeño, and some bacon infused vodka a while back using the sous vide. Makes short work of it. Both vodkas came out great and were used at Bloody Mary bars.

The bacon vodka goes great in bloody Mary’s and the jalapeño vodka had some heat/bite but it wasn’t over powering at all.

Bacon infused vodka link:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/bacon-jalapeño-infused-vodka.258002/

Nice job
Scott

Reactions: ironhorse07
Going to try that bacon jalapeno. Didn't even think about using the sous vide, doh.
I use this stuff for bloody marys, 1 1/2 ounce pepper vodka, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire, 1 tsp celery seed and tomato juice in a 16oz glass.

Reactions: SonnyE
I'll occasionally put a squirt or two of Tabasco in my beer to give it a too-wang...
Just a nice after burn.

For my 44 Birthday Party (Ancient history, 1994) Somebody gave me a bottle of Mescal. It had a worm in the bottom, looked like a cut-worm from the yard.
And yes, when we got down to the worm, I ate it.

54f93d6fc633f_-_tequilaworm_web.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky