Pennsylvania Trout (Caught by Bear Jr)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome my friend! Fresh trout filets are so tasty! That breading and the ninja combo looks like a winner! Bear Jr I’d say is one great guy… maybe due to the folks that raised him! 😉

Looks good John. My BIL gives us a few lakers ever now and again. Always appreciated it.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
The biggest Trout Bear Jr ever caught were the 2 he caught in Upstate New York:
a 31 1/2" Buck and a 29 1/2 Roe, on a Fly Rod.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thanks for the post Bear. Nothing beats fresh trout. Years ago we used to fly fish Wills creek in Somerset County. We have a hunting cabin there. PA has a very good stocking program

RG
Thank You RG !!
3.2 Million Trout Stocking in 2022:
The PFBC will stock approximately 3.2 million adult trout in 696 streams and 128 lakes open to public angling. These figures, which are consistent with the number of trout stocked over the past decade, include approximately 2.2 million Rainbow Trout; 686,000 Brown Trout; and 293,000 Brook Trout. As with past practice, the average size of the trout produced for stocking is 11 inches in length with an average weight of .58 pounds.

Bear

Those are some fine looking trout! Even better looking meals Bear. Just looks delicious.

Are those Brook Trout?
Thank You SE !!
These are very badly discolored from being in a bag for hours, but I have to say they are all Rainbows, which is also what they mostly stocked in "The Little Bushkill" Creek.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Ha yeah I saw the row post. I have been calling my house in Masthope - a house in losthope in Lackofaction PA but we love it here. - Thx
ON EDIT:
If you're still interested, I checked with Bear Jr, and he caught 10 Trout in the Little Bushkill Creek, between where it passes under Rt 209, and where it dumps into the Delaware River. Just South of where Pike & Monroe Counties meet.

Bear

ON EDIT:
If you're still interested, I checked with Bear Jr, and he caught 10 Trout in the Little Bushkill Creek, between where it passes under Rt 209, and where it dumps into the Delaware River. Just South of where Pike & Monroe Counties meet.

Bear
Thanks, that is about 1.5 miles away. Probably not happening this weekend. My dad had to be taken to the ER at Wayne memorial in Honesdale yesterday. More problems related to his congestive heart failure (89 YO)
Thankfully they did not keep him but we have been down this road before. The next step is hour twenty to Geisinger's in Scranton if needed.

Looks like some fine meals bear .

Thank You Jim!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Looks real good John. Would you believe I've never had Trout before?
LOL. I've had many kinds of Fish and I prefer breaded. Those Mushrooms look great too. Nice work.
Is that because you don't have any cold freshwater streams??
Up here they stock over 3 million trout in cold water streams, but not much in warmer streams.
Then we have special streams that can sustain their own trout, including spawning.
They're treated as "Natural Streams" and don't stock trout in some of them, to let them thrive on their own.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: MJB05615
Thank You Jim!!
And for the Like.

Bear

Is that because you don't have any cold freshwater streams??
Up here they stock over 3 million trout in cold water streams, but not much in warmer streams.
Then we have special streams that can sustain their own trout, including spawning.
They're treated as "Natural Streams" and don't stock trout in some of them, to let them thrive on their own.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
Good info. The lakes around here I think were man made. I'll check with my Son to see if there's any freshwater streams. Not being a Fisherman, I'm not up on the situation. My Son fished for a while, 2-3 years, but I think he only Bass fished. That's cool they stock so much Trout up there.

We love fresh fried fish, spectacular meals there Bear and so nice of your son to look out for his parents like he does...
Thank You Charles!!
I appreciate that!
Yup---He is a Great Son!

Bear

Very nice Bear, those were some nice looking filets! Jr and you did good!
Thank You Civil !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

just awesome Bear! Sorry I’ve been late to the party, but those look incredible. We’re loving the Ninja air fry that we got because of you. My wife just did some chicken thighs in it that were awesome. That’s a meal I would crush!

Nice John! Fresh trout are fabulous!

Thank You Steve!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Your right about the smoker. Smoked trout is the very best! Looks like you did good. Those fish look really good. I need to start gathering some of my ninja cooks to post. Been doing grilled shrimp quite a bit in it.

Thank You Brian!!
Shrimp is one of the few things I don't usually do in the Ninja.
I just love Shrimp so much sautéed in lots of Butter.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Hard to beat fresh trout!
And those look delicious John !

Keith

Thank You Keith!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear , great post on the Trout and nice of Jr. to share with you, lol

All looks great. I could go for a big feed of fresh Trout.

David
Thank You David!!
Yup, He takes care of his Old Man!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Late visiting this one Bear.

Never thought about scrambled eggs and fish, but it looks mighty good to me.

Your breading machine is a modern marvel. Perfect results every time.

POINT for you, and your breading machine

Ha yeah I saw the row post. I have been calling my house in Masthope - a house in losthope in Lackofaction PA but we love it here. - Thx
That's Great, Cliff!!
However, if you're ever in hip boots, in the Lackawaxen, and you hear the alarm go off, don't take too long to get out of the water. The water level will be going up soon.

Bear
Those look great John!
It’s been a long time since I have had fresh trout!
I’m jealous!!
Al
Thank You, Al !!
You guys make up for it with your huge Largemouth Bass!

Bear

Reactions: clifish
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky