• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pellets in place of chips???

dodgeboy

Joined Jul 7, 2016
Has anyone tried pellets instead of chips?  I have pellet cooker, and elec chip smoker.  I AM GOING TO TRY.  any comment?

idahopz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 9, 2015
I ran out of wood chips for a Big Chief I wanted to use, and substituted pellets - worked fine for me

dabigbozman

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 21, 2017
I've mixed some pellets in with chips in the past, I had a little flare up but nothing serious

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I used to use straight pellets in my MES chip loader.

That was before Todd's little invention.

Al

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Like Al, before I got my AMNPS I used to burn pellets in my MES chip tray. I still do on occation when I want to use some of the pellets that won't burn in the AMNPS. No problems at all.

Gary

indaswamp

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017

I used to use straight pellets in my MES chip loader.

That was before Todd's little invention.

Al
Could you please post a link to Todd's invention for me? I would like to see it,Thanks. I cook on a pellet smoker for the guys at the firehouse, always looking for new ways to use it.

uncletork

Smoke Blower
Joined May 17, 2016

Could you please post a link to Todd's invention for me? I would like to see it,Thanks. I cook on a pellet smoker for the guys at the firehouse, always looking for new ways to use it.
https://www.amazenproducts.com/category_s/12.htm

Todd makes an amazing product and his customer service is top notch. I recommend his products any chance i get. I run mine in a MES 40 without any issues. They are a great way to add additional smoke or use a the sol source for smoke. 

Last edited:

indaswamp

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017

https://www.amazenproducts.com/category_s/12.htm

Todd makes an amazing product and his customer service is top notch. I recommend his products any chance i get. I run mine in a MES 40 without any issues. They are a great way to add additional smoke or use a the sol source for smoke. 
Ah, thanks. I am familiar with the amazen smoker, just did not pick up on it with a single reference to 'Todd'.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.