• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pellet smoker shut down with just an hour left on my brisket…

Joined Jul 23, 2021
My pellet smoker shut down with just an hour to go on my brisket to get it to 198F. It was at 189 and dropped to around 185. Is it ok to finish it at a higher temp then the 250F I was cooking at?

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I take that as a sign to head for the oven , with a camera close buy .

Joined Jul 23, 2021
My pellet smoker shut down with just an hour to go on my brisket to get it to 198F. It was at 189 and dropped to around 185. Is it ok to finish it at a higher temp then the 250F I was cooking at?
Welp… I got the smoker up and running again. Cranked it up to 350F to reach 198IT. The very end of the flat was a little dry but the rest of the brisket turned out perfect! Got rave reviews from my brother’s guests at his party. The only thing I wish I would’ve done is seasoned the brisket well in advance to let the salts absorb a little more. Thanks for the help y’all! Beard’s Booze & BBQ on Facebook if y’all want to see my meat!😉

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Welp… I got the smoker up and running again. Cranked it up to 350F to reach 198IT. The very end of the flat was a little dry but the rest of the brisket turned out perfect! Got rave reviews from my brother’s guests at his party. The only thing I wish I would’ve done is seasoned the brisket well in advance to let the salts absorb a little more. Thanks for the help y’all! Beard’s Booze & BBQ on Facebook if y’all want to see my meat!😉
You'll find a good portion of us don't have facebook

1MoreFord

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 4, 2020
OP, at 198° your flat was most likely still not done. Most briskets like to be a bit over 200° to probe tender.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.