Pellet Brand Recommendations?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Before I ditched my Traeger I ran only Traeger brand pellets. Which I got hardly any flavor form. Which was the reason I put it up for sale. The. After taking advice from other forum members. I tried Lumberjack 100% hickory I believe it was. And it almost made me keep my Traeger but it had already been replaced. Tons of flavor couldn’t have been happier except the fact that the Traeger was already replaced and it had to go haha.

Reactions: shawnmaloney01
Before I ditched my Traeger I ran only Traeger brand pellets. Which I got hardly any flavor form. Which was the reason I put it up for sale. The. After taking advice from other forum members. I tried Lumberjack 100% hickory I believe it was. And it almost made me keep my Traeger but it had already been replaced. Tons of flavor couldn’t have been happier except the fact that the Traeger was already replaced and it had to go haha.
Thank you, will check out Lumberjack

I haven't used LJ pellets but I do really like the Bear Mountain pellets. They've also been doing a BOGO through their site lately.
Thanks, I heard of them as well and was wondering if any good, saw mixed reviews

I found three different pellets called lumber jack and the packaging looks different, they look like different companies. Which is the real one haha, the recommended one?
Pics attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.40 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.40 PM.PNG
    72.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.39 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.39 PM.PNG
    151.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.45 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.45 PM.PNG
    171.5 KB · Views: 8
I found three different pellets called lumber jack and the packaging looks different, they look like different companies. Which is the real one haha, the recommended one?
Pics attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.40 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.40 PM.PNG
    72.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.39 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.39 PM.PNG
    151.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.45 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 12-28-20 at 04.45 PM.PNG
    171.5 KB · Views: 4
Looks like they tried to gentrify their logo a bit. 1st and third pic are the new logo; the middle one is the one most are familiar with. All the same company and product.
I've had good luck with Pit Boss straight from Walmart. Tend to use the 40pound Comp brand in my pellet hopper and use hickory or mesquite for standalone pans and tubes. I've had several bags of Traegers and have always been disappointed with them.
I've never tried Lumberjack although they're sure getting rave reviews here...gonna' hafta' give 'em a try.

I tried a bag of the Kingsford hickory and was impressed with the amount of smoke they produced, caught them at a decent price , bought 10 bags last year discounted and the smoke was way less, not sure what changed but they were much better

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky