Pecan Pecan Everywhere

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
In April I got permission to get a big Pecan tree that had fallen down close to camp so the week of the Gathering RioGrande and Grouper Sandwich helped me go cut it into sections and bring it to camp and dump it off. I still haven't gotten to cut it up and split it but will before long now that its cooling off a little. So about 3 weeks ago a member of another forum I visit asked if anybody wanted any Pecan and asked me if I wanted some so I agreed to go get the bigger pieces and let others get the smaller stuff since I have a splitter. Day before yesterday the guy that gave me the first tree stopped me and asked if I wanted another one he had one fall on a different piece of property he has its in a pasture so he's not in a big hurry thank goodness. I take whatever I can get because I share with a few of my SMF friends and it looks like we'll be set for awhile 
biggrin.gif

Here's todays load its fresh it was cut yesterday those are the smallest pieces I got on the back of the truck I needed them to hold the rest from shifting around

d61b640c_DSC02879.jpg

What a haul Jerry - maybe you can capture some of the dust to use too. I love pecan and apple combo for cheese

icon_cool.gif

Now thats quite the haul there jerry. I haven't used much pecan wood for my smoker.

Dang Jerry Nice haul... Now you need to find someone that has Hickory and Apple...LOL

my favorite all around wood nice score piney! pete, where do you get your's from........i need to stock up.

That will keep ya out of trouble for a while Jerry, nice score times 3!!

I think you'll need to have a spliting party this fall

Diet Pepsi in the cooler and sure come on down and pick up some
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky