1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pecan Pecan Everywhere

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pineywoods, Sep 30, 2010.

1. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

In April I got permission to get a big Pecan tree that had fallen down close to camp so the week of the Gathering RioGrande and Grouper Sandwich helped me go cut it into sections and bring it to camp and dump it off. I still haven't gotten to cut it up and split it but will before long now that its cooling off a little. So about 3 weeks ago a member of another forum I visit asked if anybody wanted any Pecan and asked me if I wanted some so I agreed to go get the bigger pieces and let others get the smaller stuff since I have a splitter. Day before yesterday the guy that gave me the first tree stopped me and asked if I wanted another one he had one fall on a different piece of property he has its in a pasture so he's not in a big hurry thank goodness. I take whatever I can get because I share with a few of my SMF friends and it looks like we'll be set for awhile  [​IMG]

Here's todays load its fresh it was cut yesterday those are the smallest pieces I got on the back of the truck I needed them to hold the rest from shifting around

[​IMG]

2. scarbelly

scarbelly Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

What a haul Jerry - maybe you can capture some of the dust to use too. I love pecan and apple combo for cheese

3. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now thats quite the haul there jerry. I haven't used much pecan wood for my smoker.

4. pit 4 brains

pit 4 brains Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome score! I needs to go get me a half cord...

5. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member

Dang Jerry Nice haul... Now you need to find someone that has Hickory and Apple...LOL

6. meateater

meateater Legendary Pitmaster SMF Premier Member

Nice haul! [​IMG]

7. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    my favorite all around wood nice score piney! pete, where do you get your's from........i need to stock up.

8. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That will keep ya out of trouble for a while Jerry, nice score times 3!!

I think you'll need to have a spliting party this fall

9. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Nice Jerry. Glad I still have the directions to your place :)

10. smokingohiobutcher

smokingohiobutcher Master of the Pit OTBS Member

SHHWWEEEET!    Mega Haul!  I think I smell an exchange in the air!!

SOB[​IMG]

11. rp ribking

rp ribking Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

What's in the cooler? and am I your SMF friend?

12. pineywoods

pineywoods SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Diet Pepsi in the cooler and sure come on down and pick up some [​IMG]

13. deannc

deannc Master of the Pit

Great score(s)!! lol  I almost had one that had fallen from a storm here last week, but I was too late! :(  

14. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

Nice!