Pecan Ideas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The powdered vinegar is what is used on chips, nuts, etc. that is salt and vinegar flavored.

AND, you are more than welcome, especially for all the ideas that I've "stolen" from you and I'm about to steal some more...lol...
ALways wondered how they got that salt and vinegar taste without it just tasting like pure vinegar. Definitely gonna do this

Jake I also have some dehydrated pepper powder. My buddy did so much he had a gallon bag. It’s a blend of reaper, multiple habaneros, scotch bonnets, ghost, cayenne , jalapeño and adobo. Happy to send you some if you want. Just PM me addy.
Address sent. Thanks bud

Reactions: jcam222
Mind is blown. I've never seen that much at one time. That is a Scarface level stash of pecans to a Northerner. :emoji_laughing:

Great thread! I am pecan guy but folks around here are into walnuts. They have their place...

All I can say is chopsaw chopsaw It's sure a good thing you didn't have to pee! And with all the ideas I sure wish my taste buds could stand more heat! Lot's of great ideas

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE and jcam222
Chocolate bourbon pecan pie, make at least one every year, it doesnt last long. Big bourbon flavor goes well with the chocolate and pecan. Because its cooked most of the alcohol is gone so the kids can enjoy as well. Include some whipped cream or vamilla ice cream to cut the richness

Reactions: TNJAKE
Morning fellas and non fellas. I have about 12lbs of pecans that @tx smoker was kind enough to send me. View attachment 513189
These are fresh and delicious as is. I'd like to take about half of these and smoke with various flavor profiles and seasonings. Spicy, sweet, savory. Would love to get some ideas from forum members with tips and possible flavor combinations.

So let's hear them.......
Mmmmm fresh pecans are amazing, my mother picks pounds of them every year.

My favorite is to just eat them raw.
2nd favorite.... chocolate Pecans!!! If you know how to temper chocolate even better but if not then just melt some sweet chocolate or chocolate chips and coat then freeze a bit and eat. If you can temper the chocolate then it won't immediately melt in your hand.
So get you some chocolate pecan clusters going if you can :)

Enjoy!

Mind is blown. I've never seen that much at one time. That is a Scarface level stash of pecans to a Northerner. :emoji_laughing:

Great thread! I am pecan guy but folks around here are into walnuts. They have their place...
Pecans/walnuts I'll take either
ejemplo-tony-montana.gif

Reactions: zwiller
Chocolate bourbon pecan pie, make at least one every year, it doesnt last long. Big bourbon flavor goes well with the chocolate and pecan. Because its cooked most of the alcohol is gone so the kids can enjoy as well. Include some whipped cream or vamilla ice cream to cut the richness

We make smoked bourbon pecan pies already but never tried the chocolate. Might give it a run

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo

2nd favorite.... chocolate Pecans!!! If you know how to temper chocolate even better but if not then just melt some sweet chocolate or chocolate chips and coat then freeze a bit and eat. If you can temper the chocolate then it won't immediately melt in your hand.

Enjoy!
I don't know how to temper chocolate but maybe the wife does. Sounds tasty for sure. Even better if caramel gets added to the mix!

Love this and remember seeing it. These will happen for sure. I see you ate yours pretty fast lol. How long do you think they will last vac sealed?

I’m not sure to be honest, I could tear up a pound of pecans pretty quickly! I’d say 2-3 weeks if you had them in a jar or decorative tin…vacuum sealed I would expect longer. There’s no butter to go rancid or egg whites.

We make smoked bourbon pecan pies already but never tried the chocolate. Might give it a run
I really like that chicken idea. Next pie I make, may have to throw it the smoker and give it a try

Enjoy!
Ooooh....dipped in chocolate! I like them wrapped in candied orange peel-then dipped in chocolate! I usually only dip 1/2-3/4 though for presentation.

Reactions: TNJAKE and tallbm
More details on this please
Here is a video on how to make candied orange peel...

You can coat them with chocolate after they cool...OR...

...and this is the trick-Wrap the slightly cooled candied orange peel around the narrow diameter of a pecan slice. You need to do this before you coat the orange peel with sugar so the orange peel will stick to the pecan. and the peel needs to be flexible so do the wrap as soon as you can after removing from syrup. You can even smoke the pecans first... or toast them in a skillet.

After all are made and coated with sugar, have the chocolate ready and dip the pecans holding with your fingers or tongs...only dip about 2/3 deep and leave some of the pecan and orange peel showing for presentation.

I like dark chocolate with candied orange peel.

Another variation is candied lemon peel and white chocolate...

An Old man long ago told me this when I was asking about his spiced pecan recipe and he never gave me his spice mixture!

Whip up egg whites, thats right make a meringue. Add what you like or want to add to it, stir in the pecans to coated and spread out on a tray and smoke lightly. If you smoke too hard they taste like an ashtray, but don't worry just allow them smooth out in the open air till they get to be where ya want 'em. Its true, never accept the taste without some time depending upon your smoke.

Reactions: jcam222

Lmao atleast it was your eye! Let me know how you like it. Are you gonna mix it with additional seasonings? Seems would be way to hot by itself?
Exactly, Momma wouldn't be very happy with you. Wear a rubber/ I'm talk'in rubber gloves, of course.

Morning fellas and non fellas. I have about 12lbs of pecans that @tx smoker was kind enough to send me. View attachment 513189
These are fresh and delicious as is. I'd like to take about half of these and smoke with various flavor profiles and seasonings. Spicy, sweet, savory. Would love to get some ideas from forum members with tips and possible flavor combinations.

So let's hear them.......
Jake, I just had some
Jack Daniels, praline pecans on some bread pudding.
OH, MY!!!!
They were F'in killer.
They made me think of this thread

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky