Thanksgiving Peas and Dumplings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Peas and Dumplings

4 cans Le Sueur petite green peas, drained

1 can (10~12 small size biscuits-not grands) "whop biscuits" (in the cardboard tube, when you open them they go "whop") separate individually and cut into 1/4's...if you use grands, cut into small bite sized pieces...

2-3 cup chicken broth or stock
1-2 cups heavy whipping cream
salt and black pepper to taste (we like lots of black pepper in this dish..)

in a 1 gallon pot, pour in chicken stock and heat over medium heat till simmering, add peas and cream-cook for 10 minutes until peas are warmed and stock is boiling. Add the cut biscuits, fold into peas gently and submerge dough. cook 15-20 minutes uncovered on med.-low until biscuits cook and broth thickens, season to taste with salt and black pepper..
enjoy!

Nice idea . I like the use of canned biscuit dough .
Quick and tasty meal .
I section out the dough like you did and mix with cherry pie filling , then bake it off .

That sounds good to me and with the cold weather coming wild be a quick and easy meal to warm the belly.
This is really intended for a side dish....big hit at Thanksgving. But if you want to make it a meal, take leftover turkey and some of the gravy and make it again....but add carrots and corn along with the peas.....great way to use up leftover turkey as a meal. And quick to put together.

To really knock it out of the park as a main dish-top it with crescent dough (pilsbury in the can) before you bake it. just unroll it in layers.

Mom use to make this sometimes , I like to put pea’s in my chicken and dumplings sometimes, thanks for the reminder

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky