Peach pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Binford 6100

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
So, here today's smoke.
Couple things of peach iced tea.
I chose 2 different ones on purpose. Possible different flavor profiles.
Fresh peaches. Slightly overripe is ok for me. Figure they are already turning to mush. But I had good ones.
I let it sit in the fridge for 48 hours.
Then I used some peach rub.
I Amazoned some heath riles.

After the rub, I placed the peaches from the marinade on the Boston butt, hell, why not, I can't eat them now after being contaminated by the raw pork,
Then because THERE NO RULES for que, I put the rub on the peaches.
Hehe.

Then I also injected some of the left over tea into the butt.
Will it be any good. Who knows! But who cares I am eating pulled pork for dinner either way!
20220901_204212.jpg
20220901_205100.jpg
125936.jpeg
20220903_090950.jpg

Last edited:
Done.
Servered with peach coleslaw, basic slaw with purple and green cabbage, and some white flesh peaches and some mint leaves mixed in for some freshness.

made a finishing sauce with 1 cup of peach tea and some of the peach rub.

20220903_193750.jpg
20220903_193756.jpg
20220903_193803.jpg
20220903_193236.jpg

Once i got the first sandwich down i went full monty with some nice yellow peaches on top of the slaw. Damn that was good.
20220903_195454.jpg

So all in all, was it a success? Yes. The wife and I liked it alot, the pulled pork did carry a sweetness to it that I don't always get.
A very light sweetness.
Did it taste like peach, no, that I can pick up on.
The rub was good.
The overall combination is a win for sure.
The purpose of the using the white peach in the peach slaw, was to keep the slaw mild.

If I were to try something like it again...
I'd use the rub. Then do what I normally do for a regular smoke.
Then use the peach slaw with some nice and ripe yellow peachs and call it a day.

I want to mess around with a peach glaze, or homemade peach bbq sauce. Pull the pork, and drizzle on your peach glaze and call it a day.

Happy smoking guys!

Last edited:
It all looks fantastic . Those sandwiches got a triple take from me . Nice work on everything .
Really nice work and a great post .

I want to mess around with a peach glaze, or homemade peach bbq sauce. Pull the pork, and drizzle on your peach glaze and call it a day.
I don't want to slop up your thread with my pics , but here's the ingredients from a glaze I did for a double smoked cured pork loin . You could use peach preserves instead and add what you're good with .
I do it all by taste . I surprised myself how good it was .
1662302473740.jpeg

Reactions: Binford 6100
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky