PEACH PECAN ABT's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
First off I want to apologize for beeing absent for so long. I've had a lot going on in life ........going through a split right now. I've been concentrating on myself and my two boys. I've been cooking up a whole bunch of different things lately but due to my situation I've had a hard time getting things put together to post.

Ok I got that part off my chest!...(not easy for me!)

So I was thinking its been a while since ive made some ABT's..... I wanted something different. Then as I took a shot of one of my favorite whiskey drinks ( OLD CAMP) it hit me..... Peach pecan. So I threw together some filling. Cream cheese, sugar free peach preserves and pecans.

1 cup pecan chopped. (Measure is before chopped)
8oz cream cheese
6 oz preserves
0511211702.jpg
0511211707.jpg

All mixed up and the fridge.......
Sorry..... to be continued... Lol
I'll get them prepped and on the smoker this weekend and share the results.. I did taste the filling and its very promising!!!

Looks like it's going to be some good stuff. Sorry to hear about your issue never an easy thing for all involved.

Reactions: Sowsage
Welcome back Travis. It's great to see you again. Wish you the best, both with your situation and your ABT's. Keep us posted.

Robert

Sorry to hear of your problems, Travis. I hope life is improving. I am watching for the finished product!

Travis glad to see you back man. Missed all the stoner sandwiches and awesome food creations! Sorry to hear of the family issues. Holler at us if ya need anything and look forward to see how the ABT's turn out!

Been there, done that. It sure does mess things up. Hard to concentrate on much else while it's going on.
For me, it was almost exactly 30 years between #1 and #2. But now, having been married to Miss Linda for 17 (I think) years, I gotta say that things do happen for a reason. I'd never change "the happening".
Just gotta hang in there.
Gary

With regard to your split, hang in there. Your life will take some time to stabilize but don't make any changes rashly. Steady as it goes and all will be well over time. I know about these things as I have been through it all. God bless you and take good care of those boys. They are the most important part of your life right now.

Well first off... since you're teasing us and making us wait... pass that bottle of old camp, gotta stay hydrated! Bet they are gonna be awesome! As for life, just remember the boys come first for both of you ( even if you don't really like each other much right now). And yep, been there done that! But we're kinda the odd couple, divorced for 4 years then got remarried. You have lots of friends here!

Are they done yet?
Ryan

Sorry it hear about your problems, but I am eagerly anticipating the finish photo’s of those ABT’s. That is a Combo I have never tried before but even thought about trying it my self after seeing yours, but would like to see the final photo’s and your impression of how they came out!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky