• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

PEACH PECAN ABT's

Hamdrew

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 17, 2021
Jam is great with chiles IMO (and a lot of other things BBQ)-Strawberry, cranberry, raspberry, blueberry. I have recently learned Smuckers has pineapple preserves; excited to marry that with pork soon, but now I'm getting off track..

Roast+peeled poblanos or other green chiles mixed with whatever jam can really up the harmony between sweet and savory

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Jam is great with chiles IMO (and a lot of other things BBQ)-Strawberry, cranberry, raspberry, blueberry. I have recently learned Smuckers has pineapple preserves; excited to marry that with pork soon, but now I'm getting off track..

Roast+peeled poblanos or other green chiles mixed with whatever jam can really up the harmony between sweet and savory
Totally agreed... Did a pork tenderloin with jalapeno apricot once. It was fantastic..... Roasted pablano with raspberry jam and cream cheese for toppings on a burger his phenomenal also! Here is the link to the tenderloin

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
How these turn out Travis? I want to d some ABT's this weekend but want to try something new.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
How these turn out Travis? I want to d some ABT's this weekend but want to try something new.
Brian, I'll be doing these Sunday. So I cant really say. But the filling is real good.

WaterinHoleBrew

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Travis, I’m real sorry to hear of your situation!

Looking forward to seeing how your cook turns out!

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Well I got em on the smoker yesterday!
0516211225.jpg
0516211428.jpg

I have to say they were awesome! But what ABT isn't? Lol. I really liked the flavor combo but was laking a little in peach. Maybe next time I'll make some kind of peach glaze for them at the end of the cook or just use as a dipping glaze when eating them. Either way this flavor is a win in my book! Yum!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
I enjoyed seeing the ABT and the Peach Pecan is a win win I made the pie.
Thanks for the great idea Travis
Richie

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
The ABT's look great! Sorry to hear of you troubles. My Wife filed on me several years ago but after a 3 month separation she gave me another chance. We are happy now that I have changed my ways. Good luck and trust s#!t happens for a reason. The BEST years may lie ahead....JJ

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Wow what a awesome idea my favorite peach anything for sure will be doing this.
Glad to see you back yes life has its up and downs but things seem to work for the better. Been there done that was left with 4 children to raise on my own remarried 4 years later and we will have our 40th anniversary this year.

Warren

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
ABTs look and sounds delish. Nice new ideas there. Sorry about the split and I hope its for the best for all once its all settled out. Just hope its quick and has little drama.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
I enjoyed seeing the ABT and the Peach Pecan is a win win I made the pie.
Thanks for the great idea Travis
Richie
Thanks Richie ! I bet that pie was awesome!!
The ABT's look great! Sorry to hear of you troubles. My Wife filed on me several years ago but after a 3 month separation she gave me another chance. We are happy now that I have changed my ways. Good luck and trust s#!t happens for a reason. The BEST years may lie ahead....JJ
Thanks JJ! I'm glad things worked out for you and the wife! I'm just taking it one day at a time, the Wall thats up over here is pretty thick right now.
Wow what a awesome idea my favorite peach anything for sure will be doing this.
Glad to see you back yes life has its up and downs but things seem to work for the better. Been there done that was left with 4 children to raise on my own remarried 4 years later and we will have our 40th anniversary this year.

Warren
Thanks Warren ! 40 years is amaizing!
ABTs look and sounds delish. Nice new ideas there. Sorry about the split and I hope its for the best for all once its all settled out. Just hope its quick and has little drama.
Thanks! Has not been much drama. Working my best to make it that way for my boys sake. No reason for them to have to deal with that.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Brilliant idea! Big like!

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Like i said earlier they sound great, now with pictures they look even better than they sounded. Nice

David

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Great Looking ABTs, Travis!!!
Bet they were Awesome!!
Hang in there---We had some rough times after I got back from Vietnam, but we got through it, and now been married 52 years. I wouldn't close the door completely right away. See what happens.

Bear

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.