PATRIOTS PRE GAME COOK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

quityerbitchin

Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Today I decided to make a few things... Being a new smoker I have been anxious to try everything I see on this site, so today it was...

Pork loin, ABT's, smoked taters, and a Nacho Fatty.

The loin started as a whole loin (9lbs) I took some off for Chops for the freezer, and saved some for today.  I brined it in Sugar, Salt, and Onion powder.  

The ABT's were pretty standard except for some onion powder, garlic, and some Mrs. Dash Grilling mix.

The fatty is Hamburger, chili, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cream chz, and cheddar chz...

This is my first time having ABT's... They are awesome.  I do need to find a source for thin sliced bacon, as I think I am getting too much bacon flavor.
3449ec5a_ABTINGREDIENTS.jpg

5ff520a0_CUTPEPPERS.jpg
2e5a625a_STUFFEDPEPPERS.jpg
3978f33a_WRAPPEDPEPPERS.jpg
454fd39e_ABTSDONE.jpg
bd489ed8_FATTYDONE.jpg
089653c9_LOIN.jpg
76e05553_READYFORSMOKER.jpg
7f872435_SMOKING2.jpg

Looks like you did yourself proud. Nice work especially in the snow

Nice job! Everything looks delicious. I love the pic of the cheese exploding out of the fattie. Great Qview.

icon_cool.gif

Well your food sure looks alot better then the Patriots did for sure. It sure looks like you are going to have a feast too. GO Jets

Again, Being so new, I want to try everything all at once!!

Hopefully once I get my skills down I will find out what I like the best!!!

Next weekend the My wife wants ribs... so I am going to do spare ribs 2-2-1...

I NEED to get myself a remote therm... I am constantly wanting to get up and check the temps of the UDS!!!

Again, Being so new, I want to try everything all at once!!

Hopefully once I get my skills down I will find out what I like the best!!!

Next weekend the My wife wants ribs... so I am going to do spare ribs 2-2-1...

I NEED to get myself a remote therm... I am constantly wanting to get up and check the temps of the UDS!!!
I think you might want to try 3-2-1 on Spares, and 2-2-1 on Baby Backs.

Check some Spare Rib posts first.

Bear

Too much bacon flavor??????

NEVAHHHHHH!!!!!

Looks great!

Tell you what, those ABTs sure look good.  Got me thinking about the weekend.

This being winter time I can say you guys living up north are just plain crazy.  Is that a normal amount of snow to have sitting on the ground?

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky