pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

larroyo101

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 28, 2020
I have a frozen flat of corned beef can I put into the water straight from the freezer too take out the salt or do I have thaw it out first. This will be my first time trying to make pastrami. didn't even think about doing something like this if it wasn't for me joining smoking meat forums. i have learned alot about smoking here on this site. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: JLeonard
I'd thaw first. Not that you can't do it the other way but if you do it will take longer to pull the salt from the brisket. You'll actually be desalinating in layers and will take more time

I concur with this.^^^^^^^^....JJ

I'd thaw first. Not that you can't do it the other way but if you do it will take longer to pull the salt from the brisket. You'll actually be desalinating in layers and will take more time
thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky