Pastrami Loaf with QView!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Doing a little googling I came across this info for TX about how to find out who owns a property. Most counties and offices like this have public websites where you can do your searching. You can try one of the following methods:

1. Visit the Tax Assessors Office – If there is a property that someone is paying taxes on the county and state will know about it.
  2. Visit the County Recorders Office – They are required to maintain public records of all land transfers and ownership. Here you can pull up the deed to the property and find out who currently owns it as well as any previous owners.
I finally found a map. Owned by a big Land Company. They own all that property around there.

1641735594474.png

Last edited:
I finally found a map. Owned by a big Land Company. They own all that property around there.

View attachment 521576

Nice!!!
Looks like news is getting better for ya to fish it.

If there is no dedicated land manager on the property or continuously checking the property (highly doubtful) then your chances of being shot by an overzealous idiot are greatly decreased hahaha.

You know how our state laws are written and how people are in our state about finding someone on their property so I'll let you weigh the risk and what possibilities can happen and leave it at that.
If anyone outside of the state of TX finds this comment or things said here to be odd... just read up on what TX state law allows us to legally do on and with our property. It's definitely not like some other states :)

When it comes to fishing, I bet there are some good fish in there. If you are respecting the land and the property while on it, then I bet it's like you were never there. Especially if no one can see you from the road ;)

Nice!!!
Looks like news is getting better for ya to fish it.

If there is no dedicated land manager on the property or continuously checking the property (highly doubtful) then your chances of being shot by an overzealous idiot are greatly decreased hahaha.

You know how our state laws are written and how people are in our state about finding someone on their property so I'll let you weigh the risk and what possibilities can happen and leave it at that.
If anyone outside of the state of TX finds this comment or things said here to be odd... just read up on what TX state law allows us to legally do on and with our property. It's definitely not like some other states :)

When it comes to fishing, I bet there are some good fish in there. If you are respecting the land and the property while on it, then I bet it's like you were never there. Especially if no one can see you from the road ;)
I gonna spend some time this week looking at these. There is some closer to home. I will find which house is the owner and ask polity and offer to give them any if they want. That what I use to do.

Here is couple by me been wanting to fish. A lot of hats in the pool. All I want to do is fish dang it!

1641763317189.png

Last edited:
I gonna spend some time this week looking at these. There is some closer to home. I will find which house is the owner and ask polity and offer to give them any if they want. That what I use to do.

Here is couple by me been wanting to fish. A lot of hats in the pool. All I want to do is fish dang it!

View attachment 521614

Well it looks like you have a few options, I hope at least one lands. Would be nice to have multiple options :D

Do you do one grind? Never ground venison. I normally do a coarse grind than a fine grind. I will be using NDFM for a binder.
I only do 1 grind, somewhere between fine and coarse but closer to fine than coarse. Can't remember my plate size. NDFM will be fine just put the appropriate amount as it is a different amount than Soy protein isolate amounts.

You should be good to go :)

So far so good. Good thing venison was heavy as there was a lot of blood. I did account for water weight in cure. Probably not needed just the way I roll :emoji_wink: Fry test was amazing taste. Wow just like Pastrami and not even sat yet.

20220119_140726.jpg 20220119_141647.jpg 20220119_142326.jpg

So far so good. Good thing venison was heavy as there was a lot of blood. I did account for water weight in cure. Probably not needed just the way I roll :emoji_wink: Fry test was amazing taste. Wow just like Pastrami and not even sat yet.

View attachment 522741View attachment 522740View attachment 522739
Oooooh the suspense is building! I'm glad you are liking the fry test. I have a feeling it will come out good for ya :)
Soon you will be looking for ways to score some more venison and beef fat :P
Pro tip. Give your hunting buddies a little of this when done and they will likely be gifting you meat to make some for them lol

Oooooh the suspense is building! I'm glad you are liking the fry test. I have a feeling it will come out good for ya :)
Soon you will be looking for ways to score some more venison and beef fat :P
Pro tip. Give your hunting buddies a little of this when done and they will likely be gifting you meat to make some for them lol
I am a little concern about the MES40. Everytime I press power on I get an err. I press it again and it works. I have it heating to 100 right now to test my tray wih some old LJ competition dust to make sure going to burn OK. I tempted to just let it go at 100 all night but than again I had that time heater did not shutoff. I know time for a PID.

Last edited:
I am a little concern about the MES40. Everytime I press power on I get an err. I press it again and it works. I have it heating to 100 right now to test my tray wih some old LJ competition dust to make sure going to burn OK. I tempted to just let it go at 100 all night but than again I had that time heater did not shutoff. I know time for a PID.
Oh man I hope it holds out for this smoke after all the work youve put in hahaha.

Yeah sounding like PID time is coming :)

Fingers crossed!

Well this sucks. Knew I should of left on. ERR1 and wont go away. I may have to just do in the pellet.

After watching a youtube took a hair dryer to it and go it up! I will be looking at the PID mod!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: tallbm
Glad I came across this thread! I love pastrami, and have lots of venison (lucky 2 years in a row now, after a good slump)!
I have a couple questions though. The stepping up of the smoker temps, is it totally necessary? Can it be cut down some steps?
I have a UDS, a stick burner offset, and a stick burner smoke house, it would be pretty tough in any of the 3 to get that accurate in steps and times like that. Might be a fun challenge for the offset though if is necessary.

Glad I came across this thread! I love pastrami, and have lots of venison (lucky 2 years in a row now, after a good slump)!
I have a couple questions though. The stepping up of the smoker temps, is it totally necessary? Can it be cut down some steps?
I have a UDS, a stick burner offset, and a stick burner smoke house, it would be pretty tough in any of the 3 to get that accurate in steps and times like that. Might be a fun challenge for the offset though if is necessary.
You could probably fudge on the stepping up a little bit. Like maybe start at like 130F and then bump up to like 150F and then to final temp... maybe.

The process is the sausage smoke process.
The process is meant to avoid melting the fat out by not shocking the fat to hard with heat temps raising.

You definitely must mind the max temps though.

This will be hard for you to do in your UDS and stick burners. You know your setups so you can try and figure out which one would work best.

In all this is not some magical process I came up with, it's simply the sausage process and is done for very specific reasons :)

I should be able to get close, just maybe not exact temps, and exact times, but should be able to slowly step it up with my offset, especially in the cold of winter. It would be hard to keep it low in the summer.
The challenge will be fun! I'll make sure I have lots of beer ready!

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky