Pastrami Loaf (Pic Heavy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is still on my list to do. I'm glad you shared how you go about doing yours. I actually did a loaf/sandwich/stromboli ...whatever you want to call it .and was getting ready to do a thread on it. Yours looks great! Like!

Reactions: Will Squared
Joe first the pastrami looks fantastic. I did a beef knuckle like that last year in Pops and pickling spice but found a knuckle to have too much gristle and chewy parts to it. Gonna try again soon with a better cut like you did. Now lets get to those rolls.............................WOW I seriously can almost taste them. Love the flavor combos. A+++ on this !!!!!

This is still on my list to do. I'm glad you shared how you go about doing yours. I actually did a loaf/sandwich/stromboli ...whatever you want to call it .and was getting ready to do a thread on it. Yours looks great! Like!

Thanks yours looks great too! If I were to use dough I would have definitely done a braid

That looks awesome!!! Great write up too !
Looks top notch Joe, very nice!

Thanks guys!

Joe first the pastrami looks fantastic. I did a beef knuckle like that last year in Pops and pickling spice but found a knuckle to have too much gristle and chewy parts to it. Gonna try again soon with a better cut like you did. Now lets get to those rolls.............................WOW I seriously can almost taste them. Love the flavor combos. A+++ on this !!!!!

Thank you very much! The flaky crescent rolls provide a nice contrast to the heavier filling ingredients.

Not a fan of the gristle.

xray xray I just found this post because I'm about to make a pastrami, and was looking for ideas.

HOLY JEEBUS!!!!

What a great cook, and a very detailed write up. Win win. Very nice Sir!!!

Thanks Bacon! and for the kind words! It is some good stuff especially if you like Rubens. You could make this as simple or complex as you like. Make the dough, buy the dough...make the pastrami, go to the deli.....it's all good.

There's a lot of pastrami threads on the forum, the search bar is your friend. I will say, this was made with a london broil, so if you're going to use a thicker piece of meat, make sure to inject to ensure cure penetration.

I make a lot to slice, cube and freeze for Rubens and pastrami hash.

This thing avoided me long enough!!!
Nice Job, Joe!!
Looks Awesome!!
Like.

Bear

Thank you Bear! No worry, it will always be here waiting for you. I could always reheat the thread for leftovers!

Thanks again for the like!

This all looks so great! Wonderful cook. Big like!

Thanks Disco! It's a pretty quick meal, not counting the time in the brine. Good to see you back.

I missed this too . Looks great . I knew a gal that would make that filling and bake in on the little rye bread squares .

Joe looks like this slipped by me sorry for being late.That looks great I may copycat this for Patties day. Likes
Richie

Wow Great Post Looks Fantastic Nice Job

Gary

I missed this too . Looks great . I knew a gal that would make that filling and bake in on the little rye bread squares .

Thanks Chop, that sounds really good too. Last year for my work Christmas party I made reuben dip and had pumpernickel bread and rye triscuits for dipping. That was good too!

Reactions: chopsaw
Joe looks like this slipped by me sorry for being late.That looks great I may copycat this for Patties day. Likes
Richie

Thanks Richie, it’s still here but the actual food is long gone.

With you being an accomplished bread maker, you could easily make a nice stromboli out of it and stuff it to the gills. The crescent rolls also work good for an easy fix.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky