Pastrami Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
I’ve been wanting to try these, just haven’t gotten around to it. Anyway, i was in one of my FB groups today, just scrolling, and ran across this:

4D00231D-DE41-487A-822F-42F7CD4E1615.png
Ok, they look great, but I was shocked to see what looked like a professional page/layout; of a not-totally-cured piece of meat?!

Granted, I’m not the type to make a negative comment ever, but I was even more surprised that no one mentioned it in the comments.

Point is they look good even still, but I doubt I’d make that my layout pic!! This forum has turned me into a smoked meats snob, I suppose!

That is sort of surprising. I have a brisket in the fridge right now that's been cured and seasoned up to make pastrami today. I was looking at a couple YouTube videos and came across one, I'll leave the name out, of a professional chef making pastrami. He went through the whole process and at the end he slices it and there's a large uncured section in the middle.

On a positive note I never thought of making pastrami ribs but will be doint that at some point this summer.

Reactions: 73saint
That is sort of surprising. I have a brisket in the fridge right now that's been cured and seasoned up to make pastrami today. I was looking at a couple YouTube videos and came across one, I'll leave the name out, of a professional chef making pastrami. He went through the whole process and at the end he slices it and there's a large uncured section in the middle.

On a positive note I never thought of making pastrami ribs but will be doint that at some point this summer.
Same here, I was planning to smoke my pastrami tomorrow. Took it out of the cure this morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky